i am looking to get a new guitar and this one seemed to be the best for me. i just wondered if the Duncan HB-105 pickups were any good. and the licensed floyd instead of an original (on the hellraiser c-1 fr). what are the cons of the licensed floyd? please don't just suggest the hellraiser c-1 fr or another guitar (cost reasons) I wanted feedback on the hardware on this guitar. thanks
It's not a licensed floyd on the older C-1 FR, it's an OFR. The Duncan Designed HB-105's aren't actually that bad in the guitar, they are one of the better stock pickups I've tried. They are based off the Distortion pup so I was wary too, but they actually don't sound that bad for stock pups. It will sound better with good aftermarket pups however, just like any other guitar.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids

no problem man. I own one, and I've been very happy with it, it's a great playing and sounding guitar.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
its great for being that inexpensive, good stock pickups and the liscensed floyd can replaced if need be. but if you can, save for a hellraiser...trust me
Go get your shovel.
Quote by Erock503
once again, it's an OFR too.

thats on the older ones, on the new ones its a liscensed. i never understood why they changed to a liscensed.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
thats on the older ones, on the new ones its a liscensed. i never understood why they changed to a liscensed.

ahh, I didn't even know they were still making it. Sorry about that

That's a shame, the OFR made it a great value.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
ahh, I didn't even know they were still making it. Sorry about that

That's a shame, the OFR made it a great value.

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inventory/Details.cfm?ProductTypeID=12&BrandID=38
its like the last one in the 4th row...i dont know why they went and decided to change it. the old one was so much better. its still better than alot of other guitars for that price, but still...one of those if it isnt broke dont fix it things
Go get your shovel.
in the subject matter we are talking about, it means to have a floyd rose, OFR meaning original floyd rose, and LFR meaning liscensed floyd rose.
Go get your shovel.
Geez ham man, sory about that, I was completely off about that if it's the new one. Not only is it licensed on the new ones, but I was talking about the HB-103's. I've never even heard the active HB-105's.
amp clips
amp vids
an OFR is an Original Floyd Rose. They are made from hardened steel, and basically are built like tanks. Floyd Rose holds the patent on the design. Licensed FR's are made by many different companies, and can range from great to crap, depending what they used for materials and what changes to the design. They are licensed to use the design from Floyd Rose however.
amp clips
amp vids
ohh right then, thats no problem erock503. im saving up for a new amp first so its no problem, im just checking out some options. thanks