hello, i've been playing electric guitar in a band for a while now, and i'd like to try playing some acoustic parts in the middle of songs. I made a stand to hold an acoustic guitar in a position so i can easily switch between electric and acoustic. I've decided to buy a steel string but am not sure if i should buy an electric acoustic or just put a mic next to the guitar and run it through my vocalists PA. What would be the best way?

Thanx for any help
they both work, electric acoustics juts cost a little more and will be a little less conveniant, i have a bad electric acoustic and a good acoustic. Id rather mic the acoustic any day. But thats hard when its strapped to you. since you have a stand id so go micd
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Electric-acoustics you would also need to have an amp for, and you would need to turn it on and off for the small parts in-between songs.
Personally i would get a plain steel-string acoustic and just play with a mic.

"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean