For the past like 2 days, I have not had much of an urge to want to play guitar. Is it okay to take like 4 or 5 days off from playing guitar? I feel like i should be plaiyng guitar, and like i am wasting time by not playing it, but I don't really feel like I want to. What should I do?
I find that when I've been really busy/unmotivated and haven't played in a while that when I do play again, I'm way better than when I stopped. I'm not sure why that is, but after taking a break I get a lot more creative and fluid with my playing, so I don't think it's a bad thing. As long as it doesn't happen too often.
Ofcourse it's ok. Don't force yourself to play guitar if you don't feel like it, you won't have fun. Maybe try picking it up again after a week or so and play a few riffs but if it isn't fun to you then just put the guitar down again. Taking a break every once in a while isn't bad and if you pick it up again after a while you'll be full of fresh new idea's and will to play!
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
I'm having the same thing right now, but I think it just because my new guitar is coming on Wednesday and my old one seems boring. I tried to play today and learn a new solo (intro to Fade To Black), and it's a relatively easy solo to some of the other stuff I play but I couldn't really get round it, it's just like 1 slightly faster part and I gave up.

(i.e. I suck balls at guitar)
R E G G A E
More than anything it sounds like you need some source of inspiration to get you to want you to pick up the guitar again. Something new and different from what you've been doing previously.
If you don't play for a while, you end up losing your callouses, and your chops. Taking breaks for a few days isn't going to hurt you, but if you do take extended breaks, your fingers or hand may end up hurting for a bit. After taking a break, it might take you longer to warm up completely.
breaks are fine, they're actually healthy because they prevent burnout and such

try studying some theory during these "breaks"...for me, learning a new concept and just thinking about applying it to the guitar excites me because it's a challenge...you just need some variation and excitement in your practice routine so that you don't get bored or unmotivated...this usually occurs due to lack of progress, inspiration, or time...take some time to listen to music, that usually does the trick

it may sound corny, but imagine yourself playing a huge venue or something with a band and all that...it may spark a sudden burst of inspiration - you can also try out new styles, etc...possibilities are endless
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by Clownmite
If you don't play for a while, you end up losing your callouses, and your chops. Taking breaks for a few days isn't going to hurt you, but if you do take extended breaks, your fingers or hand may end up hurting for a bit. After taking a break, it might take you longer to warm up completely.

That's true. I stopped playing for a while once and mine almost went away. Then you spend time building them back up again. Maybe 5 hours or so.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
its good for your mind i think. Just to clear your head and keep it fresh. But don't take multiple day breaks all the time or you won't get any good. I find the best way to do it is to not take your guitar on vacations unless you're going away for a long time.
Read my post. Not this.
I find that if I stop for a while I have a free mind and can create different riffs from the norm. I stopped for about a week because I was on vacation. When I started playing again my callouses were a bit weak, but I was able to create different stuff.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
never look at guitar like something you have to do. because than it will never be fun. take a 5 day break. your fine. but dont look at it like you have to do it. it ruins it.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Member of the Bugera Users Militia