Yes the master of spam threads has approved for me to spam!

Well i was gonna change strings on Gary and then when i polished him and all that i found out the following, my set of GHS Boomers was missign a G string. So today after school i went into town and was gonna get some. But of course you try some stuff

First store:
Mesa Lonestar Special: Great amp, really liked it, soudned alot better without the drive control and got some great Strat tones to with the Strat i tried. Preffered it over the Lonestar (could have been the fact i did nknow the amp a bit more after reading a manual). Coudlnt get the volume high enough though (out in the shop), but i liked the sound. But still its quite overpriced here, id rather get an Orange for half the price.

Gibson Firebird V: Had mini humbuckers. really liked it. Tried thtough Lonestar, ncie attack from the pickups. Worked great for classic rock.

Fender MIM 50's Strat: Realy nice, soudned great through Lonestar.

Epiphone Dot: really good through Lonestar. Very Texasy in tone, overall a nice guitar.

So i got my strings (GHS Boomers 0.09's) and then i got myself a Gripmaster to build up extra strengh in my left hand.

So then it was off to the next store:

Gibson '62 SG Les Paul Junior: Rerouted for humbuckers, one of my favorite guitars.

But i wasnt here for the guitar, i was here for amps:

Orange Rocker 30: What can i say? Great! I really loved it. The natrual channel was nice, nice clenas, but then i switched to dirty channel and began playing Jailbreak by AC/DC (trying to avoid to normal AC/DC songs, so i use to play Jailbreak, which isnt as usual as Back In Black, Hells Bells or TNT) and it was great, very crunchy and british sounding. Like my Marshall cranked, but this was with volume at ok levels and it ahd more balls than a JCM900 and then tried new settings and it was time for Jumping Jack Flash (its better to play then Satisfaction, tehse two are the only Stones song in standard tuning i know) and it was great. Really had that break up signature sound of Keef. My next song was Whole Lotta Love and it had a perfect Zep crunch sounds! This amp is my new dream amp!. It was like a Plexi but with mroe balls!

Then i truned my head and saw a small amp: A VC-15! So i could A/B the Orange and VC-15 (not the Tiny Terror though, it aint out yet).

Laney VC-15: loved it the last time, but could it stnad up to the so amazing Orange? The answer is Yes. VC-15 has been described as Orange copies, for good reasons, it soudned very similar to a Rocker 30. Its half the price, but sounded like what a Rocker 15 would sound like!

Sadly the Tiny Terror hasnt been released yet, so i have yet to see if it can stnad up to the VC-15.

Then i got some picks and a Dunlop Steel slide and left!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Aug 28, 2006,
Cool, I still think you should get the VC15 then. Their voices are really juicy and I know that the orange amps are always really nice especially the real old Graphic models. Would you say that the vc15 had better cleans than the orange?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
^Thank you, im really begging to like spam threads, got to do them more often
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by StuC
Cool, I still think you should get the VC15 then. Their voices are really juicy and I know that the orange amps are always really nice especially the real old Graphic models. Would you say that the vc15 had better cleans than the orange?

I dodnt compare cleans, jsut crunch, which is my main sounds. They are very similar in character actully
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Right on!

I've played the Orange AD-30 (not the same) but I thought that was great sounding, and the VC-30 was damn nice.

I played a Mesa F-50 the other day too(with a Gibson Standard LP), t'was quite nice.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Gabel

Mesa Lonestar Special: Great amp, really liked it, soudned alot better without the drive control and got some great Strat tones to with the Strat i tried. Preffered it over the Lonestar (could have been the fact i did nknow the amp a bit more after reading a manual). Coudlnt get the volume high enough though (out in the shop), but i liked the sound.

Just goes to show everyone's different. I went into a shop fully prepared to buy
one. It was a Lonestar Special in a custom maple cabinet. A real beauty. Tried
it and I really didn't like it.
Gabel double posted

SPAAAAAAAAM

*hands out monkey nuggets to audience*
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
^Problaby a chicken nugget, but isntead of chicken its monkey.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Popcorn chicken rules, so do monkeys, Rape the Ape! (ever seen time trumpet?)

I really think you should just buy the VC Gabe, you'll be so happy! What would you describe it's overdrive channel as?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^like and Orange Rocker with gain up 6

Well im jsut gonna see how the Tiny Terror is (if has similar sound to a Rocker i might get it instead). Also i won't get a new amp until october...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I like how you think you have to justify which songs you play on the amp, like we'll rip on you for playing cliche songs or something.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
^We won't, but the guys at the shop might.

I've seen kids get asked to unplug after starting to play thunderstruck...
^Ok, well teh reason i play Jumping Jack Flash is beacoasue its the only Stones song (other than Satisfaction) in standard tuning i know (and i love it to). The reason i play Jailbreak is that its less cliche than TNT or Back In Back (and not to usual) the reason i play Whole Lotta Love i can play it good and its less cliche than Stairway.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

a monkey nugget is a *boom headshot*

Take THAT Danno! Question the contents of my nuggets will you!?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Don't you talk smack to ME, biznatch! I'll make you the guy in the middle...
Gabel, to do more spam threads you're gonna have to learn to spell right...
^^Nice one Danno!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
XD, would be funny if someone hadn't had "D is for: slydexia" as their screenname on my MSN. Good though...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
^its from a flash film with the alphabet, and for d its Lysdexia
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

SPAM

:O

Its funny how im famous for 'teh spamz' but I very rarely post anymore
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Friday night is Pedro's spam night. This week with mystery guest.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Another great spam thread Gabe, nice one. I've tried the Rocker 30 - loved the clean channel the dirty channel was nice enough, but not really my cup of tea, bit too raunchy and raw for my tastes. I'm looking for a smoother overdrive, might try it with an OD pedal next time.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by Danno13
I bet it's Nick...

Nick couldn't write a spam on the spammingist day of the year even if he had an electrifyed spamming machine!
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by SamDking
Another great spam thread Gabe, nice one. I've tried the Rocker 30 - loved the clean channel the dirty channel was nice enough, but not really my cup of tea, bit too raunchy and raw for my tastes. I'm looking for a smoother overdrive, might try it with an OD pedal next time.

Well im into classic rock, but i loved the agressive tone, thats what Marshall sound like when cranked.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Danno13
oh.

can I be the special guest?

For a future one yes, but get on MSN more often, bizatch
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!