Lots of questions about Carvin guitars lately. I didn't have any pics of mine but I thought they would help answer some questions like finish quality, neck pocket, that sort of stuff.

Specs on mine.
TL60-T
Alder body with flame maple cap, matching headstock
Rosewood fretboard, medium jumbo frets.
H/S/S with coil split, noiseless singles
Wilkenson trem
All told, less than $1200 shipped with tweed case.

It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
How would you describe the pickups?

Very good lookin' guitar, by the way.
damn... that is one ****ing smooth neck pocket. ive been looking at the ct6m california carved top lately, and im gonna start saving up for it.
You paid all that money, and you propped it up by the NECK! (1st pic). God damns you...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i have a carved top, great guitar
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by freedumb
damn... that is one ****ing smooth neck pocket. ive been looking at the ct6m california carved top lately, and im gonna start saving up for it.

That's not a neck pocket, that's a neck through.
haha
I hate telecaster shaped bodies, but that is a pretty guitar.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
The singles are great, quiet but nice output. They sound a bit more full, well balanced mid and bottom. Excellent for blues and your usual middle and neck position playing.

The humbucker has taken me a bit of time to get dialed in. It's got solid output, I need to roll the volume back a bit. One thing, it's sounds really good split, just like a medium output single. When I play clean or just a little dirty it sounds great as a full hum, perfect for blues, jazz, classic rock, but too much gain and it sounds a little fuzzy, sort of inarticulate. Not that it matters too much, for modern rock and metal I use a different guitar.
That is one sexy looking guitar you got there man. Do they use the same neck thru for these guitars as they sell for projects and stuff?
Hai UG!
You'd have to check their site but I think their projects are bolt on necks.
Yeah, the DIY kits are bolt on, but you can always make the body yourself with a neck through neck.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Lovely is the word I'm looking for.

I wish they have an option of a floyd on it though.
It's alder though..

Well alder works pretty well if you are playing in a 7 piece insane death hardcore band and you want to cut through.
Quote by Invictious
It's alder though..

Well alder works pretty well if you are playing in a 7 piece insane death hardcore band and you want to cut through.

im pretty sure thats why they use alder to make strats
Quote by Diamond Dave
im pretty sure thats why they use alder to make strats

I guess you learn something new everyday.
I could have gone with any wood they offer, alder, ash, mahogany, black walnut, koa, but I wanted the classic alder tone.
Also noticed you went with rosewood rather than ebony. Any reason? And do you think the Carvin stock pickups would do the Tele sound well in a standard Tele configuration?
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Also noticed you went with rosewood rather than ebony. Any reason? And do you think the Carvin stock pickups would do the Tele sound well in a standard Tele configuration?

Personal preference for rosewood over ebony. I just like it better. It might be difficult to tell but it's a near perfect match to the Antique Brown finish too.

The Carvin pickups I opted for are much more like vintage strat. The default pickups are more like Tele pickups but I can't responsibly speak on the tone, not having heard them. Switching to my configuration was extra, so you could go with the stock TL60 pickups and see, possibly swapping them out later.

The only negative I had about ordering with Carvin was the lack of pictures of the finishes. The have color chips but they don't have a set up where you could see the finish on a sample body, you have to look at their "in stock" list and see if you can find what you want.

By the way, the back of the neck on mine is finished just like the body, and is the smoothest/fastest finished neck I've ever layed hands on. Simply phenomenal workmanship.
Nice guitars, If you like this guitar gentleman you must check out the IBANEZ RG321 mahagony oil body , its sick
Quote by AngryGuitarist
Nice guitars, If you like this guitar gentleman you must check out the IBANEZ RG321 mahagony oil body , its sick

Come on now. You can't compare an RG321 to a Carvin custom.

But that is one beautiful guitar. And that's coming from a tele-hater. If my next guitar isn't a Warmoth DIY, it'll be a Carvin.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust