Ok, so recently I have been looking at the Ibanez SZ520QM as my next guitar. It's a beautiful guitar, and I can't wait to try it.

I see that this must be the 2006 model because when I was shopping around at Musicians Friend, I found this, which basically looks like the same thing.

So, my question to you is: Is there a difference between these two guitars? Also, has anyone ever played the first? If so, how did they like it?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Looks to me the only defferance is the new Green color, other than that the same. I own a SZ720FM which is the next one up, plays great i took out the duncan/Ibanez pups for EMGs but other than that a fabulous guitar. Try it and see how you like it
Member #18 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!

SZ720FM w/ EMG 81/85
Digitech GNX3000
Randall Warhead Combo
D'Addario .11's
One is a quilted top
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
They both are. SZ520QM the Q stands for quilted. On mine its SZ720FM F for flamed
Member #18 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!

SZ720FM w/ EMG 81/85
Digitech GNX3000
Randall Warhead Combo
D'Addario .11's
<<<< = Difference

Ibanez SZ520QM Quilted Maple Electric Guitar Features:

Set 3-piece mahogany neck
Mahogany body with quilted maple top
Bound rosewood fretboard
22 medium frets
Gibralter III bridge
Dual Duncan Ibanez humbuckers
SZ Special inlay at 12th fret <<<<<
Body, neck, and headstock binding

Ibanez 2005 SZ520QM Electric Guitar Features:

Thru-body staggered stringing <<<<
3-piece set neck
New Gibraltar III fixed bridge
Mahogany body with quilted maple top
Body and neck binding <<<<
25-1/10" scale
2 Duncan Designed IBZ humbuckers
Medium frets
Flame inlay at the 12th fret<<<<<

Not that meany differences
Quote by IbanezSZ720
Looks to me the only defferance is the new Green color, other than that the same. I own a SZ720FM which is the next one up, plays great i took out the duncan/Ibanez pups for EMGs but other than that a fabulous guitar. Try it and see how you like it

Have you had any issues with fret buzzing or adjustments on your SZ720FM? I have the same guitar. It plays pretty well, but the action is not quite low enough for my taste and I can't get it any lower without fret buzz. I still get *some* fret buzz now, but I can usually avoid it by striking the strings very lightly.....
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
the ONLY difference between them is the color thats it. but have quilted top, but have the same wood set up, same hardware, same pups, everything is the same except the color. the green and cherry burst are two colors Ibanez introduced at NAMM and they are now for sale.

all in all, the SZ's are ****ing great guitars, i love mine and i plan to own a SZ50 soon