my buddy here in seattle suggested that I buy this instead of buying an eq because eqs sound too processed.

BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer Signal Processor

but he said not to put it in front of my amp but to put it through a loop. why is this? he says this product will knock me into the dirt. whats your feedback on this product? all comments and suggestions appreciated.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
I heard their pretty sweet. I heard the same thing about eq's too but I dont think it is entirely true.
so why put it through a loop and not just set it up streight to the amp?
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

not sure about the EQ thing, I think that depends on the EQ itself. However, I do like the sonic max. I don't really know why it sounds better on the loop, but I've found the same thing thru trial and error. Maybe because it enhances the tone of the preamp more that way, and processes all the signal that would be going into the poweramp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
sense I dont have a loop.. can i make do without it? or should I wait for the loops than use the sonic?
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

what do you mean wait for the loops? You mean until you get an amp with an FX loop? I think it's really more dependent on your particular setup where it sounds best. They also make a pedal version of the Sonic Max, so I'm sure it can be used in front of an amp. Hard to say how it will sound though, that's unique to your setup I would imagine. With the amps I've used, it's sounded better on the fx loop with my rack version IMO. My buddy has the pedal version, and he still prefers that on the loop too. Definitely try one out before you grab one, it's not an effect that everyone loves. I really think it kicks ass personally, but that's all dependent on the individual.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ok thx. now how much better is the higher virsion? i think its the BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer. is it worth the extra 70 bucks?
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

tbh, I didn't notice much difference between the actual chips, I think the differences are extra features for studio applications, dual channels, I/O, etc... I'm not sure on all the differences, but my friends stomp sounded pretty much the same to me as the rack version on the loop.
amp clips
amp vids
thanks a lot... imma go out and buy one now lol. than save up for a loop later on. Im sure I can deal with the downside for a little while. at least it helps my **** tone still.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

lol, you're impulsive like me.
I would definiltely try it out first if you can, some people really don't like it, we might have completely different tastes. I would hate for you to grab one just because your buddy and I both like it, only to find out you hate the thing. Is there any way you could try one out on your amp first? I'm pretty confident you will like it, but just in case.
amp clips
amp vids
well if not theres always ebay. i can sell anything on there. um, would guitar center allow me to bring in my amp? hmm. well he has one to so Ill just check it out personally. thanks for everything.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

No problem man. I don't see why GC wouldn't allow you to bring in your amp, I'm sure people do that to test guitars sometimes. Good luck.

amp clips
amp vids
problem is, they always make you test out equipment on professional equipment. kinda of a scam.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120