Hey guys, I've been playing for quite a while now and i guess i know my way around a guitar, however, I have just bought a new guitar, the LTD DJ-600 and it has Locking tuners, this being my first experience with Locking Tuners I am very wtf?! So could someone please tell me what they actually do, how they work and such, I imagine their just to stop the guitar from going out of tune at any time. Do you HAVE to take them off to tune the guitar, can you just loosen them a bit or what, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx ^_^
Quote by fenix1989uk
Hey guys, I've been playing for quite a while now and i guess i know my way around a guitar, however, I have just bought a new guitar, the LTD DJ-600 and it has Locking tuners, this being my first experience with Locking Tuners I am very wtf?! So could someone please tell me what they actually do, how they work and such, I imagine their just to stop the guitar from going out of tune at any time. Do you HAVE to take them off to tune the guitar, can you just loosen them a bit or what, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx ^_^

Do you mean locking tuners or a locking nut?
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Fuck knows. My question is why did you buy a guitar with both locking tuners AND locking nut AND double locking trem? Wouldn't having the locking nut render the locking tuners pointless and vice versa.

And I looked into your Sperzel locking tuners and they give no description on how to tune or anything. lol.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
So no1 can help me But my guitar just CANNOT stay in tune for more than 3 seconds, wtf! :S
new nstrings?

the strings need time to stretch, like a few days
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
That's a locking nut.

If you have a double locking trem, use those fine tuners, otherwise, compensate for the tuning, when you clamp it, if it goes up half a semitone, then tune it down half a semitone before clamping it.