does anybody have any tips for calming nerves before performing on stage

anything at all would be appreciated
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I call my penis 'Dr Danger'

Quote by mattyp90
A Chuck Norris roundhouse kick ... to the face, naturally.

If you've Noticed this Notice you will Notice that this Notice is not worth Noticing.
find the guy closest to u and punch him out. it works for me every time!!!
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
find a desperate looking bird and get a blow job, or last resort have a wank
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
Quote by trigs
find a desperate looking bird and get a blow job, or last resort have a wank

yea thats sounds like a good idea!!
Quote by TheAmaranth

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
that might not work^

(btw sk8z try at the end and that pic will show up)
Quote by TheAmaranth

k lol thanks guys

(and thanks for thi tip kam3 lol)
Quote by GrEgUms1991

Quote by mattyp90

If you've Noticed this Notice you will Notice that this Notice is not worth Noticing.
An 8-ball?

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
i think youll get nervous before a show regardless! its just soethign that just happens to some people. Ive played a lot of shows with my band, and its been getting better, but the waiting before you play thing still gets me nervous.

The best cure is to just play! once you start playing through your first song, i just forget how nervous i was and just have a good time with my band, and the people watching.

I shouldnt need to find other things to distract you from what youre doing, youre up there to play music, so acknowledge it and deal with it. Good luck
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
i pulled my pants down and took off my shirt then started playing...made me feel more confortable...yea....
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Really you just have to calm yourself down.
For me, i lie down, breathe deeply, usually bring a bottle of water with me, lie down and listen to music with headphones, and just relax and not think about it.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
yooz guys are awsome thanks!
Quote by GrEgUms1991

Quote by mattyp90

Quote by sk8z
does anybody have any tips for calming nerves before performing on stage

anything at all would be appreciated

...Been there... I'm the only son of one of the Greater Boston Area's BIG 4 Blues Lead Guitarists. There's Johnny A, Pete Henderson, George McCann, & my dad Chip Walsh...& Back when I was 9, 10 & 11 Years old, he was sticking me on the Stage at Blues Jams at places like the Chicken Bone Saloon (Framingham, MA) The Blue Buffalo (Framingham, MA), John Stones Inn (Ashland, MA), ETC...Everyone knew who I was & expected me to be some sort of prodigy or something... & what happened to me is that I just went up there, Plugged in my Marshall Stack (Which has changed over the last 12 Years since I was 9 years old...the first one was a Lead 100 Mosfet on a Marshall 410 Cab, the second one was a JCM600 on the same cabinet & then it went to a Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H on a Peavey 5150 412 Cabinet & now it's a Marshall MG100HDFX 100 Watt Head on a 412 Marshall Cabinet), plugged in one of my guitars (which back then was a Mexican std Stratocaster & now I have 8 Guitars & my top ones are either my mid-80's Gibson Explorer, my Jackson Pro RR3 Randy Rhoads V, My Ibanez RG220B, or my Ernie Ball Eddie Van Halen Music Man...my favorites are the Explorer & the Jackon Pro RR3)

...but what you gotta do is get up there & Don't EXPECT to GIVE them the show of your LIFE...you gotta get up there, Plug in your amp & your guitar; Play it like you FEEL IT...& If you're worried about what they'll think later on; ****-THEM!! THEY'RE LUCKY THEY GOT TO SEE YOU PLAY AT ALL...THEY DON'T LIKE IT, THEY CAN GET UP THERE THEMSELVES & TRY!!!
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
all u have to do is calm down. Listen to some music... just do anything to get ur mind off ur nervousness. Hell, think how nervous those successful bands are before they're performing for those thousands of ppl in the audience...............
Meditation, Masturbation and Booze.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think it depends on what type of music you play. If you are blues or something slow, you wouldn't want to run on stage with your middle fingers up. If you are a heavier band, just go crazy! People want to see personality in you and you won't care anymore. If you have to memorize crap, just forget it and have fun. Let the audience sing the chorus, whatever makes you happy. For example WATCH some famous people's concerts on youtube.com or something, try to do what they do. Queen, The Who, Slipknot...whatever! They are great examples. Notice how they never look nervous and believe I'm sure they are before each show no matter how famous they are.

Also, Nelsean, all that you listed will make you TIRED! That's good if you are like a Pink Floyd or Elton John tribute but if you don't want to pass out on stage, just don't do it. In fact, staying clean and avoiding these things can help you GREATLY! Have you ever seen a band get sooo drunk that they just stop playing and pass out and stuff? Then you go to jail where you'll probably FORGET how to play guitar by the time you get out. Be smart and stay clean.
Quote by ssguitar
i pulled my pants down and took off my shirt then started playing...made me feel more confortable...yea....

lol! yeah like blink182 XDD
Mazz- Thanks for telling us all the story of your life and how you're amazing and how your gear is T3h SwEetneSs!!11111!!!1!!

Anyway, I really never got nervous before my band's two shows. It was crazy fun though. Just go up and have the fun. It helps if there's hot girls in the front row.