Are there any free/easy to pirate drum programs that are not so based on techno music, all the programs I tried (hammerhead, hotstepper, FL Studio 6) are based to much on techno and I would like the ability to use toms which i have not been able to do yet

Also what recording programs come with a decent drum machine? I remeber hearing that cakewalk or something did??.??
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Im lookin into version 2.5 - Will the older version be to much worse??
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
^ FL definatly has toms. you have to look beyond the basic drum set to find them tho. i like the RD set (RD = Real Drums) but you can find some pretty decent stuff if you look around in the drum part of the library. i can see where you say that it looks to be meant for techno stuff, but you can really use it for anything if you spend time with it. im sure the other programs are the same way, i just dont know them.
Fruity Loops has toms on it though?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I was turned off by FL cause I cant seem to figure it out within 2 mins of using it but thats how all programs are, I just need some time to figure it out then, and if there is toms, I will be happy
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Quote by gallagher2006

Thats about me
Quote by the_astronaut
Fruity Loops has toms on it though?

yup, most definatly does. heres a picture for ya:

its kinda a funny size and small, but you should get the idea. toms are near the bottom. its under Packs, then RealDrumkits.

the other thing to try is this: go to file, then templates, then realistic. it gives you a much better starting point then the one with just the 4 things. its basicly a full kit with a few options.
Last edited by jof1029 at Aug 28, 2006,
Don't the FPC (I think that's what that part of the browser is called) ones sound more realistic?

Also, if there was any confusion, I was questioning the threadstarter before.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

^ well some of them sound better, but i use the RD ones cause it has a saved template. i keep telling myself im going to go through all the samples and make myself the best sounding kit. still havent done it though, even knowing that i should. and yes, you did kinda confuse me with that question. but i feel stupid now cause i get what you meant there
Yeah that's what I did when I was bored one day, I'm far too lazy to add all the different drum parts everytime.

Haha, it's cool, I do appreciate the fact that you were willing to help me out though

Quote by ETHANEVIL

i have a good drum template on mine
its mostly just FPC though, and then everything is panned, eq'ed, and reverbed and link to its own mixer track. took about 20 minutes. well worrth it.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
yeah i like FL but i got a bootlegged Drum sample set called Battery Drums thats amazing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by adammarshall409
i have a good drum template on mine
its mostly just FPC though, and then everything is panned, eq'ed, and reverbed and link to its own mixer track. took about 20 minutes. well worrth it.

Adam

well i tried doing this today, and cant figure out how to save my own template. im sure im missing something, but im stuck. if anyone could help me figure out how to save a template, i would be most appreciative.