http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

The price difference between this strat and the american ones are like, 600 bucks easy. So, I was wondering, is there that much difference that I'm not going to be satisfied with the mexican made one? A guitar a pro would use?

Been Looking into buying this, it's a great price, but wondering why the price would be so low.
Quote by alexi_laiho
i really want to make a pedal-powered wheelchair...
The pickups and hardware and electronics aren't quite as good, but you're right, it's not worth the price difference.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
You can currently buy left over new USA Highway 1 strats for $499 with free shipping at Sweetwater. Why bother with a Mexican Strat if you can own a new American Strat for a $100 difference?
Quote by Wayward_Son
The pickups and hardware and electronics aren't quite as good, but you're right, it's not worth the price difference.

Right, thanks
Quote by alexi_laiho
Quote by Siciliano
You can currently buy left over new USA Highway 1 strats for $499 with free shipping at Sweetwater. Why bother with a Mexican Strat if you can own a new American Strat for a $100 difference?

do u kno what a highway 1 is? it is a mexi strat (same parts, and everything) assembled a mile up the road in Texas...
Quote by Siciliano

This streetwater... www.streetwater.com ? yeah, for a 100 dollars difference I'd take the american one
Quote by alexi_laiho
I was wrong!! The site is Guitartrader.com. They have the SSH model and 3 tone sunburst Highway 1 Strats for $499 that includes postage.
i dont really understand why people would buy the standard strat made is US when the could save abit more and get a american strat
the mexi strats are just fine, u just have to check out a few ot make sure you get a good quality one. Once you get a good one trust me youll be happy
Quote by striker327
i dont really understand why people would buy the standard strat made is US when the could save abit more and get a american strat

Because they have things like bills, living expenses, or they are satisfied without spending that extra couple hundred that can be invested in a better amp, or just other assorted things.

I like the way that highway 1's play and sound. I'm thinking I'll invest in one with a rosewood fretboard, and upgrading to an HH config,and I don't see any point in investing a thosusand dollars in a guitar that i'm gonna change the electronics in, when I don't feel the difference in playing..
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
the mexis arent bad.. only problem ive had is they didnt stay in tune quite as well as the american strats, but other then that theyre pretty decent
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by redsox193
the mexi strats are just fine, u just have to check out a few ot make sure you get a good quality one. Once you get a good one trust me youll be happy

how do uno if your getting a good qaulity one ?