Hails, I have a problem.. Whenever I turn up my tone knob it buzzes very loudly.. Could it be the wiring or maybe the amp? I have a Jackson JS30DKT.. And don't tell me its the pickups because ive seen a video of Alexi Laiho using the same pickups on his guitar with no buzzing.

Thanks
You say that like thats the only thing he ever uses, and like I said, I've seen a video with him use the same pickups as mine. Anyways, this isn't a discussion about Alexi Laiho.
it COULD be the pickups. or your cable. and if you have really hi gain on the amp, it could be that. or a combination of all 3.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Could it be my amp? Its only a 15 watt.. I played the same guitar as mine at Guitar Center but with a 120 watt amp and it didn't have the buzzing.. So thats why I ruled out that It can't be the pickups.
when u select either pickup it buzzes, or just on one?
when u dial up the volume, or either tone knob it buzzes? (guessing u have two)
does it crackle when u move the dial? or is it more of a hum when ur at max on the dial.

and to know of its the amp or ur cord ull need to try different instruments with either.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
when u select either pickup it buzzes, or just on one?

Both.

Quote by jj1565

does it crackle when u move the dial? or is it more of a hum when ur at max on the dial.

Yes I belive it crackles when I twist both knobs.

Quote by jj1565

and to know of its the amp or ur cord ull need to try different instruments with either.

I'll try that next time when I'm at my buddies house.
if its crackling when u move the knobs, then it could be that the pots are dirty or broken.

did u do work on this guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I will rule out the other things first before I spend some money, hopefully its just my amp or chord.. I plan on getting a 120 watt or something a little bit later on anyways.
I was over at my buddies house today and I played my guitar through his Amp and cord.. No buzzing.. So its either my cord or Amp.. Thankfully..