Hey everybody, with my spare b-day money I have decided i'll get a distortion pedal. I was looking at the BOSS MD-2 Mega Distortion. Is it capable of lead sounds, or just rhythm? I tried it out at a store about a year ago when I didn't play solos or anything, so I know it's good for a heavy rhythm.
Amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I think what he means.. is that is the MD-2 capable of giving a good lead guitar sound?

For example.. in a band where you need to produce the "lead", nasally guitar sound that most guitars have whilst playing a lead.

Maybe, I'm right.. maybe I'm wrong.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by washburndean
I think what he means.. is that is the MD-2 capable of giving a good lead guitar sound?

For example.. in a band where you need to produce the "lead", nasally guitar sound that most guitars have whilst playing a lead.

Maybe, I'm right.. maybe I'm wrong.

That's what I mean. Does it have a good lead tone?
I have a pretty good tone and i play lead in my band(not really just two guitarists at the moment) but i run if with and EQ. More rythmy than lead though. Try it out at the store and palysome solos
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
To be honest, no distortion pedal like that will give you a real good lead tone. Hell, they really don't give any kind of good tone at all, especially at high volumes.
Quote by electrik
To be honest, no distortion pedal like that will give you a real good lead tone. Hell, they really don't give any kind of good tone at all, especially at high volumes.

Than what will?
A good amp... In all my experiances those kinds of distortion pedals will give you a harsh, thin, tinny and ear piercing lead tone. That said, you probably won't mind it since you're even considering a distortion pedal in a first place. But later on you'll probably realize.
I know. So I'm saying, yeah, its capable, but nothing like that is going to sound all that great.
Whatever you buy now, you will like for now but while your ears get used to guitar tone more and more, your tastes will become more expensive.
My gear is as follows:

Squier Strat (Getting a job and saving for an Ibanez RG2570)
Peavey Rage 158 (Also saving every penny for a Carvin Legacy 212 combo)
Dunlop 535Q ( )
Zoom 505II (I just use this for crappy distortion, it's what i'm looking to replace)