is there any way to tell how much life your tubes have left? i bought my amp used, the guy before me had it for a year and ive had it for 3 months now and im really worrying that the amp will go out on me during a show or something because the tubes are low.

thanks.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
nah, they should be all right.... they wearout slowly so you won't really notice a change until you change them. I would say you can get at least another year out of them
When tubes are on their way out, you can tell one way or another...

I know mine went out when the fuse blew

The tubes were also having blue glow in random spots (which has something to do with air getting in the tubes).
there isnt a sience to it really. if you're uncomfortable about it, have them replaced. i wouldnt worry bout it myself.
some people i know have thiers replaced every year. i have several valve amps i got back in the 80's and the tubes in them are stock and still work fine. i have some amps i had tubes replaced with higher gain valves just for higher gain. wich if your worried about your tubes, why stress about it. replace them and get some higher gain preamp valves while you're at it. just remember if you replace power tubes, have an expert do it so he can bias them correctly.
yeah, the problem though is that im low on money and this amp is a triple rectifier and requires 12 tubes. i hardly ever play the thing, i pretty much only use it at shows, so i guess i'm alright.

thanks guys.
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
B-52 AT-100's have a tri-mode rectifier, not three rectifiers. A, AB, and solid state.
Quote by Link47
B-52 AT-100's have a tri-mode rectifier, not three rectifiers. A, AB, and solid state.

i know that, kinda says it on my B-52 AT-212 that is like 3 feet away from me.

or were you correcting what ~Rock~Guitarist said?
haha sorry, i meant tri-mode rectifier not triple rectifier. im still not used to the whole rectifier thing.
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Quote by ~Rock~Guitarist
haha sorry, i meant tri-mode rectifier not triple rectifier. im still not used to the whole rectifier thing.

its cool man, its just when you said triple rectifier i automatically thought mesa boogie
well you cant ell while there in it. but if you take them out and hit them hard againt the palm of your hand and something comes loose or they crack you need new ones.

im just kiddin dont do that it will just break them. they should be good for another 10-12 months
sweet. is it bad at all that the power tubes are hardly glowing at all?
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
if they are glowing with a orange light i think its ok, at least my teachers mesa boogie is like that, he said the only when it starts to get blue lights so should change it
A blue or red glow in your tubes is BAD and means you need to turn your amp off and change them right away. Orange glow is good. As far as telling when they are on the way out, don't worry. You can tell when they are on the way out because your amp will start to lose some of its brightness and your tone will suffer drastically. You may plug in one day and say "wait, why do I sound like crap?" and it will be because you need new tubes. Your tubes don't necessarily need to have a blue glow or simply cause the fuse to burst because you should be able to sense the difference in your tone before it gets that bad.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
blue glow isn't always necessarily bad, the bright flourescent blue that sticks in spots is normally just contaminents in the tube, and doesn't affect anything at all for performance. The whitish hazey blue like a cloud is the one that's usually associated with a poor vacuum and being a "bad" tube.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids