i dont know about you but it seems to me the amount of good blues guitarists is shrinking./....maybe due to the large uprising in metalcore and emo and indie punk...who else out there is a bluesy cat and wants to keep the blues going forever...i can only think of three or four bluesers i know of.....john mayer,jonny lang.kenny wayne sheppard, and joe bonnamassa....(or however its spelled)

input is always nice

Peace
"the electric church"

---------------
Squier Standard Strat
Fender Highway one Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
...soon to be more added
Well those are the only blues (though I wouldnt consider them straight blues especially John Mayer) that are well known. But if you go to some bars there blues musicians.

And theres Derek Trucks.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
he isn't straight up blues, but Henry Garza from Los Lonely Boys is a great guitar player that is definately mainly blues influenced
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
yeah dude if u go to bars theres lots of blues musicians who aren't big but mostly theyre nothing special.
I got to see kenny wayne shepherd at the Rams Head in Baltimore a lil while ago, it was amazing.
I like how Kenny Wayne released a rock CD and is also going to release a Blues Documentary. Hes trying new things but sticking with his roots.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
dude I just saw Buddy Guy last month...as long as him and BB and Gatemouth and so many others are alive the blues are still goin.

oh yeah and theres me too lol.
My band is the only blues band around, and only the drummer and I are truly immersed in the blues (our singer listens to it, but isn't as much into it as we are.) Check us out at www.myspace.com/bluefoxbandrocks

I am only fifteen, and my biggest influences are blues guitarists like Robert Johnson, Jeff Beck, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Johnny Winter, and a lot of others. I love the blues; it will never die.
Quote by cobain_is_king
I once jizzed in my cupped hands, my mum came in the room so I put my hands against my face and pretended to cry...never again.
hopefully ur right...
"the electric church"

---------------
Squier Standard Strat
Fender Highway one Strat
...soon to be more added
and john mayer is illegal to be dissed on in this thread.....cuz you dont want to get me started on him...lol
"the electric church"

---------------
Squier Standard Strat
Fender Highway one Strat
...soon to be more added
A lot of the music today is more blues-influenced than it is blues. Many of the blues artists today are putting their own spin on blues. Some examples of them include; Eric Clapton (all of his bands and stuff), Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule, Gary Moore, Jimi Hendrix, and a lot of other great musicians, too.
Stop wandering around in the mainstream world and look for blues musicians. You can find great blues all over the place these days, there's loads of it.

Start by going to Amazon.com and getting R.L. Burnside's free MP3's.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Theres still lots of great blues out there, its just not very commercial, so you have to look for it.
Ash Grunwald is great young player. Good luck finding him anywhere outside Australia, though.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Quote by The National D
Ash Grunwald is great young player. Good luck finding him anywhere outside Australia, though.

I suppose that for a young blues player from Australia, touring overseas is not high up on the list of realistic goals just yet
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.