So yeah, she's the lead singer/keyboardist of Metric and her solo debut is coming out soon. So far we have Our Hell, which is quite a good song and I hope the rest of the album is good too. Apparently it's been leaked, so I'm off to look for it.

http://www.emilyhaines.com/ourhell.html
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Yeah I heard this about 2 weeks ago and was surprised at how good it was. I'm glad it's not an alt-country song which is exactly what I was expecting since it seems to be the trend among female indie artists these days(Amy Millan, Jenny Lewis).
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by trev_smith12
Yeah I heard this about 2 weeks ago and was surprised at how good it was. I'm glad it's not an alt-country song which is exactly what I was expecting since it seems to be the trend among female indie artists these days(Amy Millan, Jenny Lewis).

Well I believe Emily writes the songs for Metric on piano, and then James turns them into guitar songs so basicaly we'll be getting a Metric record before James has a chance to change it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Thats awesome, I hope the whole CD is good.
[/goes to find link.]

>.>

<.<

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
metric were cool at leeds. not as cool as emily singing anthem for a blah blah blah with BSS though.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
The album is out in Canada. (As of Sept. 12)

Anybody heard it yet? I know you yanks don't get it for another few days, but maybe you can obtain a less than legal copy?

My impression? I like Metric better. That being said, it isn't a horrible album. In fact, I've been listening to it a lot these last few days. The piano work isn't all that technical or interesting, but the lyrics really make up for it. Some songs (Dr. Blind, Our Hell, Mostly Waving) really shine, but some of the others sort of blend together in a melancholy blob.
"When I am king you will be first against the wall."
Radiohead
I bought it a few days ago and it's pretty well sunk in. You definately have to listen to it a few times, because initialy every song sounds the same. After a few listens you notice that each song sort of has a different musical arrangement and different instruments that play along with the piano. The best songs are Our Hell, Doctor Blind, Detective Daughter and Winning.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

ya, prefer metric, but not bad. I love emilys voice, and Songwriting skills.

Brooke
I Love SLEATER-KINNEY
Such an amazing singer. +1 to whomever prefers Metric. Metric has an edgier sound where as Emily's solo album is very serene. Still, a great album.
666 BRO