So I never really liked Hey Ya, but nonetheless I started listening to them and songs like Roses, Rosa Parks and Mrs. Jackson are really, really good. I've heard mixed reviews for their new album, but I know that Andre 3000 is doing some extremely creative stuff, and his attempt at a Blues song (The Idlewild Blues) isn't too shabby. Anyone else like them?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

for not liking much hip-hop/most mainstream rap, surprisingly i find outkast pretty good
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
outkast are amazing. Andre 300 is really talented at the guitar. He's playing Jimmy Hendrix in a new bio film.
OUtkast might be my favorite group of all time! tied with Rush! go figure? yeah, they really got me into music in the first place. Now i listen to Lamb of God and Trivium but i still love these guys with all my heart. BUT, you need to buy the album Aquemini. IT IS ABSOLUTELY GENIUS! definitely their best. woot woot.
Outkast is really good. They don;t jhust do generic hip hop i.e. lean widit rock widit. Also, they are the only rap group I know that a lot of people into rock like. Maybe because they are actually REAL music.
just turned on HEY YA!
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Quote by Vin2254
outkast are amazing. Andre 300 is really talented at the guitar. He's playing Jimmy Hendrix in a new bio film.

Big Boi is really good too though. I just downloaded Ghetto Musick, and holy crap, that song is amazing on so many levels.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

I haven't heard much beyond the singles but I like most of them.

Ghetto Musick (if I'm remembering the right song) is like a whole album of different songs in one, which is pretty amazing.
« »
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is an outstanding album. Oh, and it's their debut.
They are actually one of my favorite hip-hop acts, definitely top 5.

Some favorite songs:

Elevators
B.O.B.
Rosa Parks
Spottieottiedopaliscious
Crumblin' Herb
So Fresh, So Clean
Funky Ride
Speedballin'
ATLiens
Hey Ya
GhettoMusick
Ms. Jackson
?
Slum Beautiful
Liberation
Roses
Ain't No Thang

I recently heard the first 30 mins. of Idlewild, their new album. What i've heard so far sounded familiar but with some fresh sounds, hit and miss, but with enough hit to keep me interested.
The opening song was great, i remember a song a bit similar to Roses which was okay, there was a bluesy song by Andre which was catchy, and my favorite was a track with a very infectious beat with great percussion and just the right amount of cowbell. But i also heard a terribly corny pop tune. Awful, i hope there isn't much more of that.
Outkast are fan-bloody-tastic.....I love speakerboxx/love below and their new album isn't too bad either. I also enjoy alot of their earlier stuff and they are a breath of fresh air compared to all the other mainstream rap out their.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
^so are all of them really, but that one's the best. hey ya is also one of the best songs in years in any genre.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by Mild Vibe
Stankonia is a fuckin' ace album.

I just bought that album today, and while I haven't listened to it all the way through I'm kind of disapointed. I mean the singles are great as are a few others, but their are too many goddamn interludes, the guest rappers suck horribly, and i find a lot of the hooks kind of weak. I mean Snappin and Trappin and Call before I come are weeeeeak. Anyway I haven't listened past the halfway mark, so I'll see if the second half is any good (keep in mind allthe singles are on the first half.)

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

haven't heard anything besides the singles, but those are pretty damn good. their newest one is suprisingling creative with some off time beats and vocals. Good band.
Read my post. Not this.
I love Outkast, although there are only about 4 songs off the new album I really like. I think they should have made it much shorter. Can't wait for the film though.
Outcast sucks dick
Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club.

PM deadhead313313 to join
I only have The Love Bellow and i find it BRILLIANT...

NERD is also a pretty good band
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
OutKast are fantastic. Andre3000 is really talented, such a fantastic songwriter.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Outkast-WOW. my 2nd favorite rap group behind only the beastie boys
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Aquemini is their best album, probably the best Southern rap album, that or Soul Food by Goodie Mob (who you should check out for some similar ****)
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."
Quote by unplugtheradio
listen to the acoustic version of hey ya.

http://www.youtube.com/v/1ioKEDgnfs8

should be it.

either way, anyone got the new album? im considering getting it but idk.

but i think gnarls barkley might be the next outkast.

I don't think so, just because they won't be recording for another few years at least. DJ Dangermouse has a whole slew of projects lined up, including a new Dangerdoom album and an album with the rapper he started out with.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by unplugtheradio
listen to the acoustic version of hey ya.

http://www.youtube.com/v/1ioKEDgnfs8

should be it.

either way, anyone got the new album? im considering getting it but idk.

but i think gnarls barkley might be the next outkast.

crazy is the new hey ya! (not as good though), but gnarls is not the next outkast.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by sirpsycho85
crazy is the new hey ya! (not as good though), but gnarls is not the next outkast.

well, i didnt mean stylistically or popularity wise.

i meant a group that seems to unify people a lot.

i have metalhead friends who listen to Outkast and Gnarls Barkley
There is more to Outkast than the new stuff, they released some classic straight up rap albums in the 90's and were respected figures in the Hip-Hop scene years before they ever got popular 'with the white kids'.
No doubt about it, they are so different, yet don't try to missguide you, I really really like them.
...And The Nominees Are
Outkast owns...although I wasn't entirely impressed by the new album there were enough quality tracks on it for me to dig it.
I'm not a big fan of Outkast, but a couple of days ago I heard Idlewild Blues on the radio, and I loved it. It's just so catchy. I hope they do more songs like this.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
Awesome stuff. I only have one album, Big Boi and Dre Present...Outkast, but it's great. BOB is probably my favorite from them.
Quote by EricWasHere11
Outcast sucks dick

That's outkast with a K motha****a.

I've always loved Outkast's singles but have yet to hear any full albums but Andree is a true genius when it comes to doing something totally different. Apparently he's a big fan of the Hives which weird but also very cool.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.