I want to Identify a guitar on ebay I just won. It's an Ibanez and I got the serial number. I just want all the specs from Ibanez itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260024673597&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Wizard II neck, basswood body, powersound pickups, ILT1 bridge (almost certain).

Serial number? XYY..... X - factory identifier. C/W - Korea, I - Indonesian sweatshop (that one is likely to have that), maybe A - China. YY - manufacture year.

Oh, and if you bought that, I think you overpaid about fifty bucks of what it's worth (or not, a free case is also nice )
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Last edited by pifty at Aug 28, 2006,
dunno if it apply's to this guitar, but i ready ibanez's made before (i think it was 87) go like this
X###### like mine's something like
K821087 the letter represents the month K being the 11th letter it's made in november the first two numbers (82) are the year, and the other 4 are production order... hope this helps you somewhat.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
dunno if it apply's to this guitar, but i ready ibanez's made before (i think it was 87) go like this
X###### like mine's something like
K821087 the letter represents the month K being the 11th letter it's made in november the first two numbers (82) are the year, and the other 4 are production order... hope this helps you somewhat.

That applies to pre-87 models only.

btw, which one do you have?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Last edited by pifty at Aug 28, 2006,
Quote by pifty
That applies to pre-87 models only.

btw, which one do you have?

like what model? i'm actually curious myself. the headstock simply says 'Ibanez Custom Guitar' the body and neck basically look like a strat copy except, no pickguard one pickup. two dials. it's black with a wood looking photo finish.

i gotta get around to getting some pictures of it on my computer. i'd like to find out a ballpark value of it, i paid $450 in hours at the place i used to work.. i'd ask him about it but i kinda quit without telling anybody haha.
where do i type in the serial to find the specs?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Ibanez serial doesnt provide you with specs or the model of the guitar. It only tells you where its made, which year (Indonesian and China manufactured Ibanez include months), and the production number. Nowadays they'll put the model number above the serial number.

Type it here and we can identify for you. But its an RG220B already identified.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
where do i type in the serial to find the specs?

Nowhere. Your last resort is to ask people who know.

Which is something you should have done before buying a guitar you know nothing of. I stated the specs above...
I didn't buy it...I wanted something to give my kid brother for cheap...jesus christ you ****ing asshole. He is going through treatment for Luekemia and I need to give him something to look forward to.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I didn't buy it...I wanted something to give my kid brother for cheap...jesus christ you ****ing asshole. He is going through treatment for Luekemia and I need to give him something to look forward to.

Whoa, buddy, chill out. Didn't you need a backup, and was wondering if it was a good deal?
Yeah cuz i dont like talking about my brother. Cuz if youd ever had to go through this youd know it tears you up everyday.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Yeah cuz i dont like talking about my brother. Cuz if youd ever had to go through this youd know it tears you up everyday.

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your brother. However, seeing how you never mentioned it until you decided to call me names about my comments, and your story was entirely different, I doubt your insults have any justification. After all, I'm not an asshole, I just answered your question on the specs, no?

Good day to you, sir.
I'm done with this.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone