Are Marshall AVTs bad or are they okay or can you get a better amp for the price? Advanced Valvestate Technology is pretty much the same as Advanced Tube Technology, right?
DO NOT get a AVT. For the price, you could get an all tube instead of a hybrid. Trust me, go all tube.

Not to mention they sound horrible when compared to the others in their price range.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Ive got one and i love it. Try Peaveys though there good, and also if your thinking of getting the smaller 20 watt one dont waste your money on it youll need to upgrade for gigs ive got the 50 and i think its loud enough for gigs.
Its not a bad amp, but for the price, its horrible in comparison. So yeah, itll sound fine, but it could sound amazing.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
whats your price range and musical interests? (obviously metal, but like who and what sound, ie very distorted, distorted, or cleaner?)
I want a nice clean and great heavy distortion channel or a vintage raw distortion channel. Some of the bands I like are Metallica, Metal Church, Testament, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen and every other band ever. And right now my main guitar is a Gibson SG Standard if that helps anything.
Well what is your price range? Traynors might be good for you, or a Marhshall JCM. Maybe even a Hot rod deluxe with an insane distortion pedal infront of it even. It all depends on your price range.
its a great amp..... but not for the price. if youve tried it and like it... i say that you try to find a used one.
AVT's are decent-sounding enough but you can get much better in the same price range.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
i have an avt. theyre not bad but i just prefer fenders over marshalls. they are overpriced though, but i could sell you mean for a reduced price if you are interested.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
for $1000 US you can get a LOT better than the AVT. Look around for a good tube combo
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by seymourjonesin8
how can you think primus sucks

It doesn't really mean Primus Sucks. I see you joined in August 2006. It's alright we all had to learn.