I was wondering if there was anyone that had any idea of any things that can be used to do things like add reverb to your voice or other effects, not from the mixer, but like a stomp box. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew if the lead singer of Nickelback sends his voice through distortion or something. Thank you.
why would you care about nickleback, they sound like an angry version of the backstreet boys.
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
^Naw, more like N*Sync.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by dyingbreed88
I was wondering if there was anyone that had any idea of any things that can be used to do things like add reverb to your voice or other effects, not from the mixer, but like a stomp box. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew if the lead singer of Nickelback sends his voice through distortion or something. Thank you.

eh, aside from reverb, i don't know. Depends on what kind of music it is.
Read my post. Not this.
Using wah is simply awesome.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Chad Kroeger (is that right?) does not use distortion on most stuff, chorus is very common on vox along with compression, reverb, delay.
When it comes to adding distortion to a vocal it is usually done in post production from my experience and not with a lot of gain, i prefer a soft OD so the vocals are still recognisable while still having an edge, take Weeny Beeny by the Foo Fighters for example! I also recommend having a dry and wet signal and mixing both also.
Pro tools has some great plug-ins for voice processing but it is possible to use stomp boxes with the correct settings!
I think I've seen the guy from At the Drive-In use stompboxes, but that's all I can remember. It was a sub-octave effect in the song I saw, I think.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out