I am looking to get my 1st guitar to play with my son. I would like to get a bass. I dont want to spend big $$$. I am looking at the Jazz SX SJB62/BK/RON or the Dean Edge 09 4-String. Or maybe the B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock Bass. What is the best made and best sound? Thanks all form a newbe!
Warlocks are typically pretty bad quality at low prices...

The SX basses are AWESOME! I have one of their P-Bass imitations, oh man. I love that thing for only 110 dollars. Amazing deal.

Buy one...you won't regret it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^Agreed. Any SX bass i have seen or played has been extremely well built for the money, and good playability. I would go with one of those. As a first bass, you could do a lot worse. I think you'll find the general consensus is the same. Good luck, and welcome to the forum
Quote by Final
I have an SX bass too, and so far it hasn't let me down. It's pretty damn nice for the money. So I'd say go for it.

Same here. Haven't had it that long, but I love it. It came perfectly set up out of the box. Just tuned it up and it is great. I love this thing.
SX are fantastic.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
bc rich arent that good at low prices the really expensive ones are absolute crackers and are great but the cheap bc riches are known to be a bit poopy
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
bc rich arent that good at low prices the really expensive ones are absolute crackers and are great but the cheap bc riches are known to be a bit poopy

this might be slightly off topic, but would an NJ series (or NT as they call it now) be considered a "good" one?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I would definately go with teh SX bass they are very nice basses my friend owns one and it is a very good bass
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.