I'm looking into starting a rack for effects, and I've already reached my first problem for my rack I'm wanting a, tuner ( Korg DTR-1000 ), an EQ ( Alesis DEQ-230 ), and FX.

Now I'm mainly looking for a compressor and a chorus, ok I was wondering would it be worth it to get the T.C. G-Major or to buy these two effects seperate. I know the G-Major has a crap load of FX, but since I'm mainly looking for comp and chorus I need those two to be outstandingly good. Would it be better for me to get these two effects in seperate units made JUST to do either comp or chorus and maybe get the G-Major later on to doodle with, or are the comp and chorus on G-Major good enough to just get that?

If I should get seperate units for comp and chorus, any suggestions on brands?

Thanks for all the help
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
well if you get the G major you can have a choice if you want to have more than comp and chorus. but if you know all you want are those two you may want to get them seperate.
Epi Zakk Wylde LP
Schecter C1 Elite
Fender 70's Strat
Orange AD30 Head w/Orange 412 Cab
Fender Hot Rod De-Ville 2x12
Various Pedals
I'm thinking it might be better for my needs to just get a comp and a chorus, however I don't know any good brands for rackmount gear . Price doesn't really matter as long as the FX and realiability is good.
Get the T.C. THey are renowned for their rack gear, and im pretty sure you can use upwards of 5 fx parameters with th G-Major so if you wanted to add some delay or reverb as well theres that possibility. Anything that will save you money and rack sapces is a good choice, especially when you arent sacrificing tone. Good luck , Friend!
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I vote for the TC too Cody, it's a great little unit. I have one and I'm very happy with it. I like the chorus better than most stomp boxes I've tried, and the other fx are all top notch. I was kind of in the same boat, all I really wanted was a delay and reverb, but every road kept taking me back to the G-Major. It's a reliable unit too, which is something that kept me from getting either the Alesis Midiverb or Digitech Studio quad. I kept hearing stories of the units not being so great on the road or handling abuse well. Combine that with the quality of the FX, and it was worth the extra. Now that I have one, I find myself using more fx than I normally would also, since they all sound so good.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
TC Electronics stuff is good.
I would off got a G Major if Sound Control got there **** together.
I bought a XPression from Rocktron in the end. Its a good unit with nice effects, similar to the G Major.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Well looks like the G-Major it is
Yeah the g System is good as well so I hear. Expensive unit though.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab