Does anyone know any good blues songs I should look up to play? Preferably nothing with finger picking, as I'm not very good at that yet.
Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Try Pride and Joy, Cold Shot, Texas Flood..etc they're hard, but fun.
eric clapton? layla, tears in heaven, change the world, blue eyes blue...
i cannot play them tho
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
Last edited by zoltan256 at Aug 29, 2006,
neither is blue eyes blue
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by Mongoose87
Tears in Heaven and Change the world aren't really blues...

I haven't heard them, but knowing clapton they're probably blues rock.

Anyway, check out Red House by Jimi Hendrix as well.
forget clapton he sucks ass try people like johnny winter, bb king, albert collins, robert johnson or rory gallagher theres heaps more just look around
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
Oh My God You Piece Of Worthless ****. Eric Clapton Does Not Suck Ass, Just Die! Right Now!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
the only thing clapton did was hit on the blues rock revolution in the 60s with the rest of cream, but never did half as well a led zep. granted claptons a decent enough player but he has no originality or style of his own.
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
Hhmmm......right, ok, cos everyone hates Eric Clapton now? Well is there anything wrong from drawing inspiration. He is a good guitarist and it's not hard to recognise his playing style. I think that shows some originality don't you?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
of course there nothing wrong with drawing inspirstion from others, thats how music evolves, i just dont think he ever made his own style of blues like true originals srv, rory gallagher and hendrix, he just sounds like any blues player who pioneered the style the exception being he hasnt come up with anything new thats really pushed the evolution, certinatly not since cream anyway.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
I've not yet heard a bad blues song, though I've heard good blues done badly
Quote by edg
Here's a GREAT Blues song:

I - IV - V

Best ever! Pretty much describes 90% of all the others too....

LOL, it is true though.

To threadstarter, Crossroads is always a classic.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
purple haze...if its blues...but w/e its a cool song anyway
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
I cant quit you- Led Zeppelin, Since I've Been Loving You- Led Zeppelin, and of course if your looking for Hard Blues, How Bout Rock and Roll, by Zeppelin, sorry but Jimmy was a guitar player like you and i that took chicago blues and added a heavy dark side to it that kicked ass
Gear:
since everyone was bitching, heres my favorites...
-1995 Jimmy Page Les paul (16th bday)
-1960 Gibson Les Paul reissue
-2003 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
-Hot Rodded 100 watt marshal (200 watts)
Hendrix, Little Wing its all barre chords, Blackfoot-Highway Song, Johhny Winter, Life by the Drop by SRV is great, black dog by zeppelin is a great blues riff, just get some pentonic scales memorize them and add bends and trills
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
stop wasting your time reading this thread and just type stevie ray vaughan into tab search.

then look at every song except rude mood and scuttle buttin cos u really have no hope in hell of playing either making it sound decent.

mary had a little lamb, texas flood, pride and joy etc.

jsut do it already.
Quote by srvman
stop wasting your time reading this thread and just type stevie ray vaughan into tab search.

then look at every song except rude mood and scuttle buttin cos u really have no hope in hell of playing either making it sound decent.

mary had a little lamb, texas flood, pride and joy etc.

jsut do it already.

LOL i've been playing off and on for about 8 years now and just recently have gained a little ground with scuttle buttin... can play part of it at about 80% speed atm and i'm lucky if i gain what i feel is about 1% per day.

edit: it truely feels like my hands are spasiming out when i play it.
Quote by .WD40
try Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker.

isnt that the song that he managed to get away with rhymin boom boom with, erm boom boom, true legend of the blues

and to settle the above argument

Clapton=God Nuff' Sed
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay