Ok I'm still customizing my Epi SG 400 (ran outa money) I was thinking of adding some miscellaneous electronics to it so I can get something different out of it and I saw this thing called a 2 band active tone circuit, what will this do there is a 3 band one to but I think the SG only has 2 tone pots I can't remember.

Just wondering if I should put it on?

thanks
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
usually in a 4-pot steup u wud have the 3 band EQ, a master volume and a p/u selector switch or blend pot. EQ's like this are usually used in basses, I find it useful, put it on if u want but just make sure u get the right one (they have different ones for active and passive P/u's)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I'd stick with passive electronics and just use a preamp. I would think this would be a lot easier than having to worry about active/semi-active electronics.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."