Hi, recently I've had a problem when one of the pegs holding the strings in broke inside my DG14 (Fender), and eventually I had to remove all the other strings so that I could get inside the body to try and hammer the part of the peg out. As a result of this the bridge came flying out. I thought it was just the one piece at first but there's also two thin strips of plastic that I don't understand how or what they did. I've got a spare as well and there are three pieces with that, so it's not like it broke (well, from what I can see). Anyway, I was wondering, does anyone know how these pieces fit together?

If no one has the guitar or any idea then I'll try and upload a picture later of what I mean.

Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
By what you tell I guess these are spacers fitting underneath the bridgepiece to fill up the space which is taken by the piezo pick-up on the acoustic electric variant of this guitar. That is unless you already have the electric DG14, in which case I fear it actually IS the pick up disattached from the wiring.
In the latter case your guitar is broken and needs repair, otherwise just put the strips back in the slot and put the bridge piece on top of them (highest side underneath the fat E string of course) and you'll be fine.
But now you have your hand on this job; these strips are ment for rationalising manufacturing procedures, not for improving tonal quality. Maybe this is a good oppertunity to fit an ivorite or bone saddle that actually fits the slot.
Thanks a lot, I guessed it was to do with raising/lowering the height of the bridge as there are two thin strips of different sizes so you can have the strings closer to the neck if you want. That electric thing makes sense though.
The reply was much appreciated
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic