and do use sheet music/tab notation to learn songs, lately ive been learning most songs by getting the sheet music with the tab r ight underneath it, this way i know where the notes are the and the sheet music notation provides the rhyhtm, hopefully one day my ear will be good enough that i won't have to do this in order to get down songs 100 percent
It depends. If you want to play like classical music, or jazz or something, I suggest learning sheet music. If you want to play rock or metal, or even like alternative music, just use tabs.
I used to be able to read sheet when i played piano in primary school. But as i got older i forgot. Wud like to learn it though, would make learning tricky songs much easier on tab.
I can read music, but tend to usually learn songs by ear. I do use it for classical music or jazz standards.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com
I can read sheet music fine since I play saxophone. I normally use tabs for guitar though
yes
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.