Okay. I have a 5 way pick up selector.. How I tune it for different sounds? And there's two tone knobs.. what is it for? can anyone help me..
Thats the pickup selector, they control how fast people die when you shred, and how they die.
Put it in killzone mode (with the switch to headstock) to make their heads fall off, and put it in deathzone mode (with switch to bridge) they just drop and die

One knob makes you play faster, the other knob makes you sound like herman li
Quote by Invictious
Thats the pickup selector, they control how fast people die when you shred, and how they die.
Put it in killzone mode (with the switch to headstock) to make their heads fall off, and put it in deathzone mode (with switch to bridge) they just drop and die

One knob makes you play faster, the other knob makes you sound like herman li

gotta love those petrucci vid's
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
what kind of guitar, humbuckers or single coils, itll help people figure out your problem man, just use a little more info, k? once you do some one's be able to help you...... and i'd say that if you had 2 humbuckers that it'd be a tone for each.
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
I'm having 3 single coil pickups.. sorry im a total noob.. and whats the 2 tone knobs for?
ll--0--0--0---
ll--0--0--0---
ll--0--0--0---
ll--0--0--0----- <head stock>
<- Bridge

lets say this is my guitar. where should i strum / pick?
Last edited by BingYao at Aug 29, 2006,
the pickup selector@

1st posistion (far left) = neck pickup
2nd posistion = neck and middle pickup
3rd posistion = midlde pickup only
4th posistion = midlde and bridge pickup
5th posistion (far right) = Bridge pickup only

Tone knobs:
I believe the left one (headstock size) controls the neck pickup
and the right one controls the bridge pickup
Been away, am back
Well, pickups can be raised and lowered for different sounds, but if you're a n00b then you probably don't need to worry about that yet. The tone knobs deal with how much treble (high end sound) is output by your guitar, the left one probably controls the neck pickup, and the right one the bridge pickup. The pickup selector works just like the guy above me said. Now when you say "tuning" I assume you're not using that term meaning what notes your strings produce, because then you're way off and probably totally confused... but if you are, look to the headstock, it holds the answers.