Maybe not the only one...

But I love mine.

Personally, I'd never buy a Strat.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
yea, single coils are ok, but i hate strats with a passion.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Quote by willpulman_172
Am I the only one who thinks the shape of a Telecaster is ugly?

yes
I used to think that Tele's were ugly, like they were going to make a Strat that they couldn't be bothered to finish the shaping on the body, but since I bought my G&L ASAT classic tribute (It's got an amazing cherryburst finish) I've changed my mind, they just look burly.
Nah, they look cool. Even brand new ones have a dated vibe to them that I really like.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
i agree with Mr songwriter or what he did think they do just look like a strat which they couldnt be bothered to perfect
nothiinn
Telecasters can be sechs
Telecasters can be ugly

The nicest tele i've ever played was a Fender Custom Shop U-Neck Tele, it was really pretty...

The biggest thing tele's have is the versitility (when i first heard that, i didn't believe it). Good telecasters can get a lot of nice tones, just nothing too deep.
Jean confided to me
She's Mona Lisa's biggest fan
She drew a mustache on her face
She's always seen her as a man
I personally don't like them. I mean, the design was ok for me at first, but i really grew to dislike the shape of the head and the plainness of it. This wan't helped by about 4 out of the 6 guitarists in my old tutor group using them.

They sound like they play well enough, but i woudn't buy one.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
is it just me, or does a tele feel easier to play than a strat and les paul, thts the impression i got when i played one the other day, shame it was £1000

is there a tele with a whammy bar on it anywhere?

everytime i buy a guitar i forget about them and then like a week later im like ...damn
Quote by srvman
is it just me, or does a tele feel easier to play than a strat and les paul, thts the impression i got when i played one the other day, shame it was £1000

everytime i buy a guitar i forget about them and then like a week later im like ...damn

I think my Tele plays "easier" than any of my Strats or my LP.
ive played many of all three guitars and i find the thin neck of my strat is the easiest to use.
Quote by jcwear
I think Strats look boring. Although i would own one for the sound and neck playability. Same goes for telecasters.

i would get a strat (an american, for a professional one) if everyone didnt have one
I prefer to listen to my guitar than look at it. no they are not ugly!

I my tele, because it is one of the best sounding guitars i have ever played.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Danno13
Telecasters are the pwn, mang.

hey oats whats up.
Quote by srvman

You can get some Teles with Bigsby vibratos on, but I don't think you can get other Fender Teles with any sort of whammy/vibrato/tremolo bar. You might wanna check out some of the G&L Tele-shaped guitars (they're called ASATs) that Leo Fender designed later in his career, some of them might have one. www.glguitars.com is the site. I'd look myself, but, y'know, I've got this whole 'laziness' thing...

And yeah, I also find Teles easier to play, but Strats win out in terms of the flexibilty of the sound you can get out of them, plus they have a vibrato bar, and they look sexy
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I love them and i sure love mine, there are already soo much strats and les paul's
that those nice tele's really diserve a good place in this world. I'm glad when i see someone gigging whit a tele instead of a strat.
They AREN'T ugly, IMO they're more beautiful than most strats, and have a unique sound...
Quote by willpulman_172
Am I the only one who thinks the shape of a Telecaster is ugly?

I totally agree its seriously gotta be the ugliest guitar ive ever seen, although i realise im in a rather small minority
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
I used to think teles were "teh fugly" until yesterday, I was at guitar center, thinking about what I should try out on my Fender Hotrod Delux which I will soon purchase, and I see a $1200 tele, so anyways, I plug it in, and it sounds pretty tight. It played very easy, although the fret access is somewhat poor, and it totally screams when you bend really high. The neck pickup is smooth, and the bridge is INSANE TREBLE. But I was very impressed at the raunchy sounding beast. Great for blues or classic rock.
I think of them more as a rhythm guitar, you can play lead on them, but I prefer a Strat for that kind of thing.