I was lucky enough to catch The Steve Miller Band last night at the Grand Stand in St. Paul, Minnesota. I'd have to say I've seen many concerts, but this one was the most worth my money. I didn't think of Steve Miller as a great guitarist before, but I do now. My thirst for classic rock concerts is growing out of control.

The band played like a 2 and 1/2 hour show and totally jammed out on every songs solo. ****ing sweet. They played "Fly Like An Eagle" for 10-20 minutes, and all six members of the band soloed. The strange thing is they had this black keyboardist who got up and rapped during that time. A little weird, but other than that the show totally blew my mind.

Anyone else seen Steve Miller live?
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
I saw him in february. It was a really great show. I loved the harp player, he was insane. The light show was pretty awesome too. I did raise an eyebrow when the keyboardist started rapping, but it somehow suited the song. It was cool. Great tone too.
I've liked Steve Miller's stuff, but it isn't spectacular...The songs are good, but not good enough to be on my very limited space MP3 player.

But he was at the Minnesota State Fair, wow, all's Iowa gets is country(pretty much), plus I live quite a distance from it, but local county fairs often turn out with REO or Foreigner.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
steve miller was the only reason worth thinking about going to that useless state fair...and i still didn't make the trip. if i wasn't five hours away from milwaukee, i'd go to the wisconsin state fair. i don't like minnesota much...
***MEMBER OF THE WHO FAN CLUB***

*Founder of Teenage Wasteland Club*(working to inform the un-informed)

**Member #2 of the Windmillers Club**

**Alter Boy of Zeppelinism**

*9/08 THE WHO*
Minnesota puts on a hell of a fair. I love it. I must've spent $50 on fried food. Anyway, I love Steve Miller and I love him more after seeing him live. He extended each of his songs by 2-3 minutes with amazing guitaring. Doubt I would have gone to the fair without tickets.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

That's very cool. If Steve Miller ever comes to my area, maybe I'll go check it out.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by marchoso
he also played at the state fair here in arizona.

do they only play state fairs now?

I wish

At the Illinois State Fair it was Bow Wow and a bunch of country music artists.

Needless to say,if Steve Miller cam anywhere in a general vicinity of me,I;d definetly go.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
I'm not saying this to be disrespectful to anyone who loves State Fairs, but I find it rather sad and disheartening that someone like Steve Miller has been relegated to playing State Fairs to make money.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Anyone know what the heck a pompatious of love is? I'm stumped and have searched the web for like the whole day. lol that might sound gay, idk.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Its not pompatious, its pompitous, a small spelling error that probably gave you trouble. And anyway its not a real word, its "jive" talk. See http://www.gangster-of-love.com/pompitous.html

Quote by kshelt76
I'm not saying this to be disrespectful to anyone who loves State Fairs, but I find it rather sad and disheartening that someone like Steve Miller has been relegated to playing State Fairs to make money.

Why? Is it not as good as the next place to make money? Its like a regular concert, I bought my tickets weeks in advance. Its not like if he didn't play there he wouldn't make money playing somewhere else.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by chopps00
Its not pompatious, its pompitous, a small spelling error that probably gave you trouble. And anyway its not a real word, its "jive" talk. See http://www.gangster-of-love.com/pompitous.html
Excuse me! I speak jive...Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by chopps00
Why? Is it not as good as the next place to make money? Its like a regular concert, I bought my tickets weeks in advance. Its not like if he didn't play there he wouldn't make money playing somewhere else.

You had to buy tickets beforehand? Nevermind my statement then. When you talked about him playing at a state fair, I figured the tickets would either be around $10 or cheaper, like a lot of the entertainment at a fair is. If that was the case, then it would certainly be a step down from being a big time, big name performer who could sell out venues, to being one of those cheap/free entertainment tent bands that are simply doing the show because they need money/want to get their names out there. But if you had to pay standard ticket prices to watch it, then I don't see anything wrong with that one. Like you said, that would just like playing at any other venue, only with other entertainment going on around it.

^^^
Yeah, they were expensive. 50 bucks, and you didn't have to buy them in advance, because they didn't sell out, but all the good seats did!
Quote by Zero-Hartman

^^ Well, I stand corrected then. If he's charging normal tix prices then it's still very respectable. I wish him and other bands would come to fairs around here in Ohio, maybe there would be some good entertainment other than people fighting in the back of the fairgrounds.