I have an Epiphone Les Paul Studio Gothic which I'm planning to put EMG 81/60 on it soon. I was thinking....If in the future I have the money to purchase a Gibson Les Paul (God willing), will it sound exactly like the Epi with the 81/60 if I put another EMG 81/60 on the gibson? Sorry if this sounds like a n00bish question
Come on don't be shy

Oh yeah people have been saying that these pickups won't do much unless it is played through a tube amp. I have a tube amp modeller in my multi-fx pedal, so will this work?
What it means is that there is no pint in having an emg unless u have a tube amp becuse tube amps distort more, the more signal u put into them. So unless ur modler has real tube dynamics then there is little or no point.

Oh and don't bloody triple-post!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Oh and don't bloody triple-post!

Get farked ****dick, nobody replied, and the guy wanted an answer. It's not like it's a big deal, anyway? What is your actual beef with it?
Just 'cos i said u were an idiot! Besides wtf is YOUR problem with me saying that?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Hey hey I appreciate the input you guys, but please let's keep this thread friendly
Why the hell would you do that? If you're gonna get a Gibson don't buy new EMGs that you already have. Rip them out of the Epi and put them in the Gibson. **** ALL OF YOU. Just wanted to add to the anger.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Why the hell would you do that? If you're gonna get a Gibson don't buy new EMGs that you already have. Rip them out of the Epi and put them in the Gibson. **** ALL OF YOU. Just wanted to add to the anger.

So basically, they both sound the same with it right?