never seen it anywhere. not a mode of the harmonic minor. could it be of the melodic minor. hmmm...

your replies fascinate me greatly.
Well, it's essentially G major with a flatted sixth. So franky looks like he's got it. You're right though, it looks like it could be a mode of some sort. Bah, I need to learn more theory.
"We are what we pretend to be...so we must be careful what we pretend to be."
G Major with a b6, unless the root is not g.
"Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave" - Penguin
actually, (i deleted one of my posts):

Id personally call it Ionian b6,
But I suppose you could also call it harmonic minor #3
Been away, am back
It would make sense for the root to be G, considering that's the note he started the scale on. However, is that even like a real scale? A G with a flat 6th? I mean I guess it could just be part of a minor scale or something, but come on...
Quote by Logz
actually, (i deleted one of my posts):

Id personally call it Ionian b6,
But I suppose you could also call it harmonic minor #3

Do you mean the third mode of E harmonic minor? Because the sixth in this scale would be major and the fifth would be augmented, instead of the way it is now.

Unless harmonic minor #3 means something I don't know.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
Do you mean the third mode of E harmonic minor? Because the sixth in this scale would be major and the fifth would be augmented, instead of the way it is now.

Unless harmonic minor #3 means something I don't know.

I think he meant harmonic minor with a #3.

Harmonic Minor
: 1 - 2 - b3 - 4 - 5 - b6 - 7.
Harmonic Minor with a #3: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - b6 - 7. (Which would fit the scale in question.. I don't know if it's an actual name though).
Quote by redwing_suck
Ehhhhhhhh.... "#3" isn't really a common interval to use, although here I guess it's appropriate? I'm not familiar with the nomeclature, but I remember Doug saying there is never such a thing as a "#3."

I'd go with Ionian b6.

Meh, Id go with ionian b6 too, but i just thought hmm, looks like harmonic minor, so i thought id throw the idea in

EDIT:
Harmonic Major?

EDIT2:
so it is
Been away, am back
Or what about Mixolydian b6 natural 7? Lol, you could give it a thousand names on that logic. We need someone like Cor or Cas or someone to come in and see if there's a particular name.

Edit: Damn.
Quote by Johnljones7443
I think he meant harmonic minor with a #3.

Ahh, that makes more sense.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
It's Harmonic Major! I swear!

I edited my post... moopsie.
Looking for my India/Django.
^What are the chords for harmonic major? Something like...
I - ii° - iii - iv - V - bVI+ - vii°

I've never come across harmonic major before.
Hmm yes, those seem correct.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
thanks redwing.

harmonic major, who would have thought. redwing u rock, it makes alot of sense though because if it was harmonic minor #3. it would be incorrect cause the scale is major. so major harmonic makes perfect sense.

redwing did you just use common sense to figure that out or did you read about it somewhere?