I hear lots of people talk about crazy tricks you can do with a whammy bar but i can't do much with it,

can anyone tell me any cool tricks that you can do with a whammy bar???

thanks in advance
Now reformed after extended ban!

Gaye for Haye
there is this video a guy posted not to long ago about whammy bar tricks..im going to search it, its really helpful

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Here...

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Turn your bar away from the strings and give it light taps every so often when playing to get little microtones. Steve Vai does this very often. He calls them "little grace notes from India." (Supposing you have a Floyd Rose or something similar.)

Push your bar down a step and slowly raise it back up over the course of a lick.

Jeff Beck uses his very violently. He play a note then slam his bar a few times.

Then of course you have Dimebag squeals. Flick a string (he did it often on the G) and then divebomb it. On the way back up to pitch, tap a harmonic and have it sound out, and then play with it for a bit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
." (Supposing you have a Floyd Rose or something similar.)

mine's just a standard strat whammy bar

Gaye for Haye
Doesn't matter, you can still abuse it like I do.

I do tricks that even good FR owners fear of doing ^^
I like to face my whammy bar away from the headstock, play a pinch harmonic, the push down the whammy bar (pulling the strings) then slide my hand quickly off the bar, so it "flutters".

Ill try find a video of it or something.

This shows it amazingly well. Listen to the sound it produces, its awesome!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaKZBUhIb6o
Been away, am back
^^that kid seriously needs to tighten his whammy bar. i liked how it was sliding away from him the whole time.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Invictious
Doesn't matter, you can still abuse it like I do.

I do tricks that even good FR owners fear of doing ^^

i will try

Gaye for Haye
What I like to do is play a pinch harmonic (or just a natural harmonic on the 3rd fret to give it a very scratchy sound) and then divebomb. I also like slapping the bridge of the guitar against the body to make a clicking sound. I use a regular strat bridge/whammy, don't worry about breaking it; it's pretty durable.