Well, I used the search bar, and look through the first two pages, so dont kill me if there is another yes thread, but...

Yes is one of my all time favorite bands, I love the musicanship, and they are just overall great. I have a bunch of just random songs and the Relayer album, but I am currently looking to buy Yessongs. Bill Bruford imo is the greatest drummer of all time next to Bonham, and Steve Howe has a very tasteful style of playing I enjoy.

The has to be other fans on here...

There was a thread a while back, but what the hell do I care, it's not like it was a week ago.

Bill Bruford =

I like all the musicians, but my favorite parts are probably when Chris Squire really comes out and does his thing on bass.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^^Chris Squire is an animal on bass.

Yes is awesome. They are all amazing musicians, except for Jon Anderson...he's kinda useless, other then his voice and his 'out-there' lyrics (he does have a very good voice though). I think I can pretty conclude that my favorite Yes song is Sound Chaser. Either that or Starship Trooper. The outro to Starship Trooper is quite possibly the best outro ever.

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Aug 29, 2006,
Sound Chaser is a very good song, but I perfer the Yessongs version of And You And I.

And Chris Sqiuer, you just cant say enough about him...
I love Yes, so far I own three albums (Union, Fragile, Close to the Edge), 2 DVDs and some separate songs. I really love Time and A Word, and every single member in the band is a master of their instrument, particularly Chris Squire
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
My next purchase hopefully will be fragile and yessongs, hows fragile?
Quote by get-born

Pretty good. Not one bad song. I mean, We Have Heaven might be a little annoying the first time you hear it, but a few listens later you'll appreciate it. With songs like Roundabout and South Side of the Sky, among others, you can't go wrong.
Look!

^^I like We Have Heaven. There's something about it that I like.
Quote by get-born

very good. South Side of the Sky and Heart of the Sunrise are the two best on the album. Fragile is a solid album all around, half of the songs are individually written/played by each band member- Cans and Brahms- Wakeman, We Have Heaven- Anderson, Five Per Cent for Nothing- Bruford, Fish- Squire, Mood For A Day- Howe and the rest are group written.
Quote by Thefallofman
I have south side of the sky, and long distance runaround, (the song long disttance runaround is what got me into yes), and the clap amazes me, i keep trying to learn it, but i cant get his speed...

Quote by BrainDamage
^^I like We Have Heaven. There's something about it that I like.

I like it aswell, but the first time I heard it I found it a bit too weird. And to get-born, take it easy, it's not easy to play like Steve Howe. Use a metronome (Guitar Pro has a built-in one, and a Speed Trainer) and you should nail it eventually.
Look!

Bruford probably is one of the greatest drummers of his era, and he helped Yes so much. They are one of my favorite bands, having seen them twice in the last 3 years. Definetly get Yessongs, but to really delve into them pick up The Yes Album, and Fragile.
Quote by BrainDamage
^^Chris Squire is an animal on bass.

Yes is awesome. They are all amazing musicians, except for Jon Anderson...he's kinda useless, other then his voice and his 'out-there' lyrics (he does have a very good voice though). I think I can pretty conclude that my favorite Yes song is Sound Chaser. Either that or Starship Trooper. The outro to Starship Trooper is quite possibly the best outro ever.

I agree with your view on Starship Trooper, except I think it has a tie with Sheep by Pink Floyd as best outro ever, IMO...

I love Yours is no Disgrace. Howe is probably one of the most accomplished players in rock.
^^I'm not even going to try and compare Starship Trooper to Sheep. Both are amazing, especially the outros. Yours Is No Disgrace is awesome too, I love after the first verse where it goes back to the main riff and another verse. Awesome guitar work there
Quote by Thefallofman
My guitar teacher is a huge fan, and taught me a few Yes songs and lent me an album, and it was just so amazing.
Tales from topographic oceans is such an amazing record.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
^^Tales is a love/hate album. I happen to love it.
Quote by Thefallofman
I really dont have an opion of tales, but I heard Tormato is a love/hate also...
Yes is. The best. Band ever.

Steve Howe is my favorite guitarist.
Chris Squire is my favorite bassist.
Rick Wakeman is (one of) my favorite keyboard players.
Jon Anderson is my favorite singer, and don't hurt, favorite songwriter. The lyrics don't make sense, but they sound so good.
^^Anderson's words make no sense at all...I read in an interview that his idea was to put words that sound good together Siberian Khatru, anyone?
Quote by Thefallofman
I saw Yes a couple years back at the then Universal Amphitheater (now it's Gibson). They played a great, Steve, Jon, Rick, and Chris never cease to amaze me. The name of the drummer escapes me could someone tell me.
^^Alan White.
Quote by Thefallofman
My guitar teacher introduced me to Yes. I was starting to fingerpick, and I was learning the intro to Roundabout. I thought it sounded cool, and went home and downloaded it. Ever since, I've loved Yes. Steve Howe is a great guitar player, and Chris Squire is a beast on bass. The whole band are amazing musically, and possibly my favorite progressive rock band of all time.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
^my favorite prog rock too...

yeah, i heard long distance runaround on the radio, and was like, hmm, thats has a cool riff, so i went home, downloaded, and then it was just, thats a cool song. i took about a year to dig deeper, and now i listen to them more than anything...
My dad put on Yessongs as we drove a few hours North to look at colleges, and that's when I fell in love.

As was said, get Yessongs, The Yes Album, and Fragile. As for DVDs, I love Songs From Tsongas.
as i've said many times before, one of my favorite bands ever, i can't get enough of them. the yes album is probably my favorite album.
My dad(like most bands I listen to) got me into Yes. I absolutely love Chris Squire on bass. Their songs are so awesome.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by futurejp
As for DVDs, I love Songs From Tsongas.
That's a great DVD. Very well filmed, and a good performance as well.
Quote by Thefallofman
My uncle worked with Yes. My dad got to ride in Jon Anderson's Rolls Royce a long time ago
WOW, I just got Starship Trooper, and I havent listen to anything else since, that has to be my new favorite Yessong, everything in it, from the awesome outro, to the cool accoustic part in the middle, it is just great...