Ok. Well im gonna go out and get a new amp tomorrow. Im getting a little bored by the limitations of my little Behringer GM-108, and i tried out a line 6 spider ii 30 when i was in hartlepool, and i really liked it.
I read the reviews here, and they all seemed positive, but after that was a barrage of comments on how awful it is.

Is there something i should know about this amp? Its only going to be my second, so i dont need something too fancy, just a few decent effects built in to save money on pedals and also save floor space. is it worth the £119 pounds?
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
The distortion channel is pretty weak. The range of tone you can aquire is slim. The effects are mediocre at beast. The clean channel sounds alright. But everything just sounds too digital.

BTW, this is coming from an owner of the exact amp you want to buy.

EDIT: If you really do like it, then that is all that matters.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Last edited by Funkbass796 at Aug 29, 2006,
i like it, i wouldnt buy another but it suites me for waht i needed it for.
yeah i have this amp and i were looking at this, Fender Champion 300 and Vox ADVT30 which are all the same (or similar) price. this was the worst of the 3
its not too bad for a 2nd amp ('cause thats what it is for me) but it lacks tone
& the metal channels appaling
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
I see. Alright guys, thanks for your help . Ill test it out again in the store tomorrow, since i only got to play on it for about 30 seconds last time. Ive got around £150 really to spend, so ill have a look .

i would seriously consider a vox ad30vt if i were you, a little more, but well worth it, trust me, youll be happier

or if you play metal mainly maybe a roland cube 30

the spider is just way too digital sounding for me
Yeah, I agree. As an owner of one myself, the distortion is pretty weak. Even with the "secret" setting for the extra distortion boost, it's nothing special. The four channels (Clean, Crunch, Metal, Insane) aren't exactly the best ranged of sounds out there. The built in affects aren't nearly as good as a pedal. I was pretty pissed about the tap delay; it's quiet. The clean is pretty good. I've only played for a year and a half, and my amp before this was some little piece of **** I can't even remember. So at the level I'm at now, it's fine for me. But I'm going to buy some pedals and stuff because the amp just doesn't cut it for the music I'm playing (mostly chili peppers).
Not a very popular box is it? . Basically, all im after is a decent metal distortion and a decent phaser .

Id quite like a sort of santana or kristofer dahl sound out of it, but that can wait if needs be. im not quite at the stage yet where i NEED that i dont think.

cube for ''metal distortion''
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
Try out a Cube, see what you think, if you still like the Line 6 more then just buy it, don't worry about what people say if you like it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
roland cube or vox ad30vt and i know people will say im a looser for sayign this but personnaly i think that marshal mg30 is good. Yes i think its good. But u should probably go for the roland or vox. Before i end my comment can some1 tell me what is rong with the mg. I have it and i'm not sure whether the overdrive is bad or if its my guitar. If i get a better guitar will it sound better? I think the clean tone is good except it goes into blues mdoe which for me isnt THAT noticeable. So to sum up
1. I think the marshall isnt bad however i do feel the overdrive is a bit a dissapointment for a marshall
2. Go for the vox or roland and giv each one a try
I'd highly suggest you don't get the Line 6 Spider II.

I've played on many of them, and have never been impressed. When I played gigs I would have to borrow one from a fellow guitarist I always played with. And the only reason I did that was because my MG wasn't loud enough.

By no means am I saying I would enjoy gigging with an MG, they're both bad amps.

Both have poor tone. And the Line 6 is WAY too digital. Doesn't have any warmth that a good amp should.

And the reason why the MG isn't like all other Marshalls is because,
A. It's made poorly and is sold to people who think they are buying a good Marshall amp at a good price.
B. It is not a tube amp like every other Marshall (besides the AVTs, which are pretty bad too)
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
well i recently bought my girlfriend a little Marshall MG10CD, so i kinds know what the quality is like. Its a nice dinky little thing thats perfect for a beginner such as she, and is definately better than my amp. However, having looked at the MG30, it looks like loads of knobs i wouldn't ever be able to figure out (its like rappers and chavs really). i want to be able to push a button for an effect, alter the tone, and be away, which is why im drawn to the vox and cube.

I need things simple, like me i guess . At least for now

Hey all

A lot of you will be happy to know, i didnt go with teh spider, ive just this minute got back with...

A Vox Valvetronix AD15

Excellent, how you liking it?

Did you compare them all and decide it was the best option?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Praise the Lord.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
its very nice im jsut trying out all the effects and working on getting the metal sound i like . its a pain though, cause the noise vibrates through the floor even on a low volume and is pissing my mum off already

Quote by MattIgoe0108
its very nice im jsut trying out all the effects and working on getting the metal sound i like . its a pain though, cause the noise vibrates through the floor even on a low volume and is pissing my mum off already

Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab