---l---l---
---l---l---
---l---l---
---l-x-l---
---l---l-x-
---l---l---

This is probably some ridiculously obvious chord, but I'm just starting out and can't really find it anywhere. Just a C without anything on the 5th string. Thanks.

Josh
Carpe Diem
what fre tis it on
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Quote by jbchilders
---l---l---
---l---l---
---l---l---
---l-x-l---
---l---l-x-
---l---l---

This is probably some ridiculously obvious chord, but I'm just starting out and can't really find it anywhere. Just a C without anything on the 5th string. Thanks.

Josh

By the way, that's the 2nd string, not the 5th. The 5th string is your A. The numbers start with your high e.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yeah I didn't really know how to express it. John that is what I meant. I appreciate it. A friend of mine said the same, but the chord for Cmaj7 I have is
l-3-l
l-1-l
l-3-l
l-1-l
l-0-l
l-x-l

Alternate fingering, I guess?

Anyway, thanks for the help.
Carpe Diem
You can play chords in different positions. And that one posted just above doesn't look like a Cmaj7 to me...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society

|-3-|
|-1-|
|-3-|
|-1-|
|-0-|
|-x-|

That's a Cm7/A.

You could go...

|-3-|
|-1-|
|-3-|
|-1-|
|-x-|
|-x-|

And call that Cm7 if the bass note bothers you, or even depending on context, D#6.