My friend keeps on arguing with me. Me being a guitarist for like 2 years now (im only 14). He thinks that Slash (from guns and roses if you dont kno) is the greatest guitarist in the world. I wanted to smack him! lol but when I told him that Herman Li and Sam Totman from Dragonforce are better he went crazy. And he keeps on going and going! lol. I wanna kno what u ppl think
It's all different prefrences. There is no such thing as the best guitarist. Each have their own style which makes a guitarist unique.

Let your friend keep his opinion if thats how he feels.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Yeah but Slash is way better than the guys from DF, they just play extremely fast, but Slash can play fast and slow and with feeling. But its true there is no best guitarist
Do you like it
HARDER or Faster

PRESIDENT OF THE SIXPOUNDER WHEN I POUND HER
CLUB
Quote by JacoBreakdown
My friend keeps on arguing with me. Me being a guitarist for like 2 years now (im only 14). He thinks that Slash (from guns and roses if you dont kno) is the greatest guitarist in the world. I wanted to smack him! lol but when I told him that Herman Li and Sam Totman from Dragonforce are better he went crazy. And he keeps on going and going! lol. I wanna kno what u ppl think

id smack you...
Quote by Sixpounder
Yeah but Slash is way better than the guys from DF, they just play extremely fast, but Slash can play fast and slow and with feeling. But its true there is no best guitarist

Honestly dude. You almost said the exact same thing I was gonna say. Yeah who the **** cares if Herman Li can play fast. Slash can show his emotions through his instrument. Although it is really a matter of opinion.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Balls-out shredding just doesn't cut it compared to blues-rock soloing

That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation
And how high can you fly with broken wings?
Life's a journey not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings

For info how to join the team PM Bombtrack
Slash aint that great and i feel its possible for any of us here get to his level technically, however, will the majority of players have his ear and ability for melody and control? Not a chance!
Herman Li is a great guitarist but if you dont like his style to listen to it doesnt matter how fast he can play, if you think it sounds crap, it sounds crap!
Yay for posting in the right forum!

For the record: I hate Slash and am neutral on the DForce guys.

And you're all wrong. Kurt Cobain was the best guitarist who ever lived
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Ace88 at Aug 29, 2006,
If in terms of skill, Dragonforce guitarists are amazing. If you have never listened to them, do it now. However, Slash really changed the way that people look at rock music and such, he wrote really good solos and very melodic songs that you can humm along to.

However, which one is better overall, there is no answer. That's opinion.
Quote by sunovagun
Balls-out shredding just doesn't cut it compared to blues-rock soloing

fvuckin amen to that bro
Slash is way better than the DF guys. You might as well let a computer play the DF guitar parts. Slash sounds like a human.

And youre ALL wrong...

John Frusicante is the best.
Quote by Ace88
Yay for posting in the right forum!

For the record: I hate Slash and am neutral on the DForce guys.

And you're all wrong. Kurt Cobain was the best guitarist who ever lived :p

Kurt Cobain.....hahahahaaahahaa....rofl....omg dude ur hilarious....
Slash rules.....
Quote by Sixpounder

Anyone can play with their eyes closed and their mouth open giving out expression. Maybe people just dont choose to do so. I know that Herman Li plays with expression, Sam Totman doesnt though. Everyone saying stuff about how putting expression into the music is big ie. John Frusciante but really anyone can do it, but they are: shy, retarded, I dont know. But yeah.
I guess all of u are right.. =/
I lose again! *cries* lol jk i do agree... there isnt a great guitarist. Ill take that into consideration. Plus they both play really diff styles anyways. I can play the Paradise City solo =] but i never tried a DF solo
[img]http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5595/743601344l1ig.jpg[/img]
Herman Li and the other guy are probably better guitarists, in that they play guitar, and they play it well.

If, however, you are talking about someone who can pick up a guitar, start to play and make a crowd or a single person love for what you do, a true guitarist, then I have to agree with Slash. Hes not my favorite, out of those two Slash comes out top.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by italyjerry

And youre ALL wrong...

John Frusicante is the best.

YES!!! John is really going places with the chili's, play dani california to someone and hear them huming it after.
My Kit:
Gibson Les paul double cut away
Yamaha FG720S acoustic
Line
I' say those DF guitarist got some serious skills but don't go wild on them when they play live it fals appart.
Slash on the other hand maby not that fast but as a result his playing doesn't become sloppy.

And i think slash is the better musician, by far. (musician = feeling/Writing)
This is not the place for this kind of 'debate.' Take it to B&A... where it'll get closed anyways. This is just asking for it.

*CLOSED*
Looking for my India/Django.