Page 1 of 2
I just got Bridge Of Sighs, like 2 weeks ago, and he is ****ing amazing. I honestly listen to him more than Hendrix, and his stuff is awesome, And his tone with the strat is incindiary...
Good guitarist, and a good album. He's an arrogant prick though. He though he was much better than the other guys in procal harum. Shame he was probably actually the worst member.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
well, i dont really know the story about procol harum, but i just like his stuff...
yeah i agree his solo stuff is great, he's better than hendrix no doubts, he's not as good as he thinks he is though.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Quote by Derigiberble
yeah i agree his solo stuff is great, he's better than hendrix no doubts, he's not as good as he thinks he is though.

So he's better than Hendrix... but not AS GOOD as he thinks he is?

You seem to have a knack for saying the dumbest sh*t, you know that?
Both his former band and his solo stuff sux azz. I hate hippie/psych music, and thats what it sounds like to me. AND YES I DO HAVE BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Whiter shade of pale?? That songs cool if you are 49 to 70 I suppose. I don't fall into the theory that anything just because its from the "70's" deserves praise. ALOT of suck ass music came from that era. Good ol Trower is just a bi-product of this era.

Please do not mention Hendrix in the same calibre as this guy.

"I am not mean , I just mean what I say"
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
So he's better than Hendrix... but not AS GOOD as he thinks he is?

You seem to have a knack for saying the dumbest sh*t, you know that?

We don't all believe Hendrix to be the best guitarist in the world. But then is you actually read my post you'd clearly see that what i wrote makes sense.

Fuck off.
Quote by CornLord

I'm listening to Twice Removed from Yesterday. This thread is really coincidential to me. My dad just got this cd yesterday and told me to listen to it. After seeing this thread I thought I might pop it in and give it a listen, I like what I hear.
Quote by bigpawz
Both his former band and his solo stuff sux azz. I hate hippie/psych music, and thats what it sounds like to me. AND YES I DO HAVE BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Whiter shade of pale?? That songs cool if you are 49 to 70 I suppose. I don't fall into the theory that anything just because its from the "70's" deserves praise. ALOT of suck ass music came from that era. Good ol Trower is just a bi-product of this era.

Please do not mention Hendrix in the same calibre as this guy.

"I am not mean , I just mean what I say"

1. He isnt hippe pysch music
2. This post shows your stupidity, all you did was bash hippe/phych music, and Robin dosent fall into that at all, so if anything you compliented him dumbass. And why wouldnt you mention him in the same disscussion as Hendrix? He has as good if not better music, and is a better guitarist...

Quote by get-born
1. He isnt hippe pysch music
2. This post shows your stupidity, all you did was bash hippe/phych music, and Robin dosent fall into that at all, so if anything you compliented him dumbass. And why wouldnt you mention him in the same disscussion as Hendrix? He has as good if not better music, and is a better guitarist...

²

ah well, amazing guitarplayer, but i don't know if i could say he's better than hendrix, but that's just an opinion.
too bad i only got bridge of sighs
Member of the Ten Years After Fanclub.
PM TheHeartbreaker or VR05 to join
Quote by Pineapple17
²

ah well, amazing guitarplayer, but i don't know if i could say he's better than hendrix, but that's just an opinion.
too bad i only got bridge of sighs

yeah it's just an opinion

its okay if he says trower is better than hendrix

then i'd say "no way, he sucks ass compared to hendrix. The Fool And Me WTF? Lady Love WTF? Day Of The Eagle WTF? how is writing a bunch of songs that ripped off Hendrix talent? lolzor etc etc" and it's still fine
My Spanish Hearts
i just didn't want to start a fight who's the best
Member of the Ten Years After Fanclub.
PM TheHeartbreaker or VR05 to join
Quote by Pineapple17
i just didn't want to start a fight who's the best

fight? what fight?
there isn't no fight

nobody fights
we just argue with our opinions in peace till death
My Spanish Hearts
1. Derigiberble... NOTHING you write makes sense. EVER. You are quite possibly the biggest waste of bandwith on this site. That's all I'm gonna say about that

2. I listened to Bridge of Sighs on my way to work today. I had actually forgot how good Trower is. Fool & Me is a killer song. And the outro solo in Too Rolling Stoned gets me every time..
Quote by SuburbanCowboy

2. I listened to Bridge of Sighs on my way to work today. I had actually forgot how good Trower is. Fool & Me is a killer song. And the outro solo in Too Rolling Stoned gets me every time..

Thatnk You!
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
1. Derigiberble... NOTHING you write makes sense. EVER. You are quite possibly the biggest waste of bandwith on this site. That's all I'm gonna say about that

Grow up, my post made sense, you're just a pathetic individual who can't stomach the fact that someone occasionally disagree with them. But then if you really want to make a big deal about how i'm a waste of bandwidth, go for it. I'll hapily sit back and be happy to know that i've cut another easily annoyed fool.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by Derigiberble
Grow up, my post made sense, you're just a pathetic individual who can't stomach the fact that someone occasionally disagree with them. But then if you really want to make a big deal about how i'm a waste of bandwidth, go for it. I'll hapily sit back and be happy to know that i've cut another easily annoyed fool.

happily

My Spanish Hearts
^^ Har har har.

I've said it before and I will say it again. You arent funny or clever AT ALL.

I can cope if someone disagrees with me, but I'm just tired of reading your worthless posts. It's like you dont ever think before you write.

You'll happily "sit back and be happy to know that you've cut another easily annoyed fool?"

Are you in 7th grade or something?!?!
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
^^ Har har har.

I can cope if someone disagrees with me, but I'm just tired of reading your worthless posts. It's like you dont ever think before you write.

You'll happily "sit back and be happy to know that you've cut another easily annoyed fool?"

Actually no being that I'm not part of the eletist christian organisation known as american schooling, I don't do "grades". If you don't want to see me post, stay out the forum. And if you think my posts are worthless, don't comment, just ignore. I'm really not bothered if you don't find me funny or clever, enough people on this site do for me to not care about your individual thoughts.

Plus you're a scrotebag.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by SuburbanCowboy
^^ Har har har.

Derigiberble > You.

In fact, Derigiberble > Most people on this forum.

Seriously, what he said the first time makes sense - Robin Trower is better than Hendrix (in Derigiberble's opinion of course), but he bigs himself up to be better than he actually is. Meaning he thinks he's better than people who are better than him.

Not exactly rocket science to understand now, is it?

As for Trower himself, I've only heard a few songs but what I have heard didn't really stand out to me that much. Decent guitarist, but his music never did anything much for me.
Quote by SomeEvilDude
Derigiberble > You.

In fact, Derigiberble > Most people on this forum.

Seriously, what he said the first time makes sense - Robin Trower is better than Hendrix (in Derigiberble's opinion of course), but he bigs himself up to be better than he actually is. Meaning he thinks he's better than people who are better than him.

Not exactly rocket science to understand now, is it?

As for Trower himself, I've only heard a few songs but what I have heard didn't really stand out to me that much. Decent guitarist, but his music never did anything much for me.

You, in my bed, now.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by get-born
SuburbanCowboy got pwned...

and you're illiterate

fair enough?

My Spanish Hearts
Actually I think it's pretty pathetic that you all find him so charming.

But then again, I dont need more proof that your generation is nothing more than a mass of unintelligent f*ck-ups.

By the way, saying "pwned" is about as corny as it gets...
Quote by SuburbanCowboy

But then again, I dont need more proof that your generation is nothing more than a mass of unintelligent f*ck-ups.

Our generation? You're what, 5 years older than me?

Act your age.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by SuburbanCowboy

hey

don't stereotype
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by SuburbanCowboy

Our generation are fuck ups? Congratulations, you can look at the general population and make an assumption. Yes, we all know this generation of teenagers is considerably more stupid and retarded then others. Big deal. There are however, funnily enough, exceptions.

Derigiberble is one of the more consistantly funny and intelligent posters on this forum. He's introduced me - albeit slightly indirectly - to artists I would probably have not found otherwise.

The point is, you were trying to argue against what he said not making sense, and you are wrong.

Besides - IT'S A FUCKING INTERNET PERSONALITY. Bloody hell. Don't take everything you see, on the internet no less, so damn seriously.
hey! ive seen Robin Trower twice, and got to say, he is a little excellent, and has been going a while. i love the song too rolling stoned, and have to reccomend his 'go my way' album, as its my fave, i much prefer his singing to patterson (his new vocalist i think) and dewar,
Quote by Derigiberble
Actually no being that I'm not part of the eletist christian organisation known as american schooling, I don't do "grades". If you don't want to see me post, stay out the forum. And if you think my posts are worthless, don't comment, just ignore. I'm really not bothered if you don't find me funny or clever, enough people on this site do for me to not care about your individual thoughts.

Plus you're a scrotebag.

Even though it may be childish, the last line there takes the cake!!!

Whiter shade of pale? Is that the song I'm thinking of( turn a whiter, shade of pale) or not.

I don't know much about Trower, maybe I'll have to check some of his stuff out.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
By Bridge Of Sighs, with your VH avatar, you boviously have good taste :wink: so you should like it!
Quote by get-born
By Bridge Of Sighs, with your VH avatar, you boviously have good taste :wink: so you should like it!

Well thank you, I certainly will check BOS out.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
To quote Robert Fripp....
" Robin Trower is one of the very few English guitarists that
have mastered bends and wobbles. Not only has he got inside them,
with an instinctive knowing of their affective power,
but they went to live inside his hands.
It is the rare English guitarist who has been able to
stand alongside American guitarists and play with an equal
authority to someone grounded in a fundamentally American tradition.
Trower has been widely criticised for his influences.
This has never bothered me.
I toured America in 1974 with Ten Years After top of the bill,
King Crimson second, and Robin Trower bottom.
The chart positions were the opposite : TYA in the billboard 160's,
Crimson in the 60's, and Trower climbing remorselessly through the top twenty.
Nearly every night I went out to listen to him.
This was a man who hung himself on the details: the quality of sound,
nuances of each inflection and tearing bend,
and abandonment to the feel of the moment.
He saved my life.
Later, in England, he gave me guitar lessons. "

- Robert Fripp, Wiltshire, England November 19, 1996

AS for the "he thought he was better than anyone else".. rofl. The only reason he quit Procol is cause he wanted develop as a guitarist and to continue the heavier sound ala Home and Broken Barricades but Gary Brooker wanted to go back to the more pop sound and orchrastration. And that's excactly what Procol did when Robin left and they tanked 'cept for one album with the edmonton symphony. Gosh, same kind of reasons Clapton, Page and others left the Yardbirds, but you don't hear them being dished of for wanting to do thier own thing.
Well yeah, I guess youre right, Clapton left because they were getting away from blues, and that is why Beck left also, anytime your band is going in the oppisite direction you want to, jumping ship is always a big factor...
Quote by Myrdinn
AS for the "he thought he was better than anyone else".. rofl. The only reason he quit Procol is cause he wanted develop as a guitarist and to continue the heavier sound ala Home and Broken Barricades but Gary Brooker wanted to go back to the more pop sound and orchrastration. And that's excactly what Procol did when Robin left and they tanked 'cept for one album with the edmonton symphony. Gosh, same kind of reasons Clapton, Page and others left the Yardbirds, but you don't hear them being dished of for wanting to do thier own thing.

The guy was an arrogant prick, if you've ever read or heard an interview with him you'll fine well see he think's he's the greatest guitarist on the planet.
Quote by CornLord

Page 1 of 2