Well I'm basically a newbie and am in my first few months of playing guitar and about a week ago got my first electric; a Fender standard strat. I really enjoy it, but there's one thing that i'm not too sure of. When playing a note on one of the lower frets and I increase the pressure on the string, the note seems to bend. I am positive i'm not bending the actual string. I've asked around and it seems to be because of either new strings/ new frets. I was just wondering if anybody experienced the same type of tone or knows the cause of this.
Thats pretty natural.
It's pretty much impossible to push your strings to to the fingerboard and there's always a gap underneath the strings you are fretting. So putting more pressure on it is just causing it to bend but into the fingerboard.
Thanks... that actually makes pretty good sense. I guess i will just have to adjust the way i play the notes.
Maybe you have massive frets or something, creating a faux scalloped fretboard. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
That's completely normal.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
the epiphone les pauls do that to, i thought it was just me, but it might be your frets, take it to a guitar shop and have them filed if you cant adjust to it
Gear:
since everyone was bitching, heres my favorites...
-1995 Jimmy Page Les paul (16th bday)
-1960 Gibson Les Paul reissue
-2003 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
-Hot Rodded 100 watt marshal (200 watts)
No^^^^ don't bother, it's just a practice thing about getting a lighter touch and what not...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
lol.. not as lucky as you'd think... i "played" on a crappy yamaha acoustic for a few months...
my esp does that actualy, harder i fret a note the pitch changes, strange but true.
Quote by J.Randen
my esp does that actualy, harder i fret a note the pitch changes, strange but true.

It's not strange. And it happens on all guitars. though I would imagine that large frets make it a little more pronounced. .
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by invisible_man
It's not strange. And it happens on all guitars. though I would imagine that large frets make it a little more pronounced. .

Not really. Large frets just means the bars are thicker, but it's barely enough of a difference to notice it.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you