mornin, i recently found a guy who has a Boss gt-6 for sale and i have been thinking about getting it. I only know the basics when it comes to multieffects. Would it sound good through both my Crate Practice amp and my Traynor YCV40 if its just straight GUITAR->GT-6->AMP? is it good for using live?

what is your opinion of Boss GT-6?

thanks
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
if its anything like the gt-5 don't bother
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
yah the pod is out of my price range but ill look around for the me-50, any other opinions,

btw, im not crazy about tone, i just need something that will be good in a band situation and maybe gigging. with a decent tone.
with a large variety of switchable effects.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
I hav got a Boss ME-50. U can get sum gd distortion/overdrive fx out of it. Look on de Boss site nd c wat u fink. It much cheaper as well.
Quote by jp607
I hav got a Boss ME-50. U can get sum gd distortion/overdrive fx out of it. Look on de Boss site nd c wat u fink. It much cheaper as well.

Sorry that this is offtopic but that just might be the worst scentence I have ever seen.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Multi-effects are really nice, but their usefulness and sound depends on how you use them.

If you use your amp's distortion (which is usually best), then the effects unit will work much better in the effects loop than in front of the amp. Just don't use the distortion because it will sound like crap. But you're good to go for the EQ, modulation and time-based effects.

If you want to use the GT-6 for distortion, then you'll have to put the pedal in front of the amp. IMO, no multi-effect unit sound best this way.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
Multi-effects are really nice, but their usefulness and sound depends on how you use them.

If you use your amp's distortion (which is usually best), then the effects unit will work much better in the effects loop than in front of the amp. Just don't use the distortion because it will sound like crap. But you're good to go for the EQ, modulation and time-based effects.

If you want to use the GT-6 for distortion, then you'll have to put the pedal in front of the amp. IMO, no multi-effect unit sound best this way.

i believe the GT6 has a loop function and the ability to change the order of the effects.
You could use the 4 cable method and run the gt6 and the amp through each others effects loops. That way you can use the effects that are best to run between the guitar and the amp before the pre-amp section of the amp.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by rockers73
i believe the GT6 has a loop function and the ability to change the order of the effects.
You could use the 4 cable method and run the gt6 and the amp through each others effects loops. That way you can use the effects that are best to run between the guitar and the amp before the pre-amp section of the amp.

I wasn't aware you could do this with the GT-6 - or any other multi-fx. Now THAT'S good functionality and the way all multi-fx pedals should be.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Nor was I until about 6 months ago.

This is how I've got my ADA and Boss configured.

I plug into the Boss's main input then I run from the send of the Boss into the input of the Ada, I then run from the send of the Ada into the return of the Boss. Finally the output of the Boss runs into the return of the Ada.

To setup the boss you enable loop on the presets you use then arrange the effects chain.
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
I also need to enable the effects loop on the appropriate patches on the Ada