Page 1 of 4
A relatively small quasi-discussion in the "I need an in-depth explanation as to why Jimi Hendrix is considered "THE Best"..." thread (lasting about four posts if you want to call it a discussion) got me thinking as to what Classic Rock band or artist you seem to think has the *worst* fans.

Judge by whatever criteria you want, and I don't care whether your opinions represent your opinion of a certain band's fans in the real world or on this forum (or both if you must).

There has to be fans for a band that just rile you up whenever you hear them speak (or read their text), so vent your frustrations here.

Which Classic Rock band has the *worst* fans?
If Guns N Roses count as classic rock then there fans are maniacs. They go crazy at the concerts. Cant blame them either.
ac/dc because a large majority of them think that ac/dc is the only classic rock band worth listening to

metallica for the same reason but much less severe

Edit: oops ^ not classic rock : /

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Aug 29, 2006,
Led Zeppelin.

There's not even any discussion. They admit it themselves.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
KISS or Zeppelin

Dont get me wrong im a fan of zep, but theyre fans can be such elitists
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Kiss, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd. Even though none of those bands are truely bad (besides Kiss).
Kiss, and AC/DC

I guess you could say Zeppelin as well.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Sep 8, 2006,
Zep, by far.
Originally posted by fuzzybunny
I hereby dub you the UG's new God of Love. Really. That was brilliant.

heh.
Originally posted by someone i can't remember
the one called lukef speaks the truth.
some zeppelin fans, AC/DC, KISS, Metallica, some Floyd fans, and poser Hendrix fans as in the ones who say hes the greatest ever just because he was #1 on the rolling stone list.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
"The Kiss Army"

/thread

FTW.

And Zep, they praise them like gods, and anyone who doesn't like them is an asshole to them.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Led Zeppelin i've read more than enough concert stories from the band themselves stating how the fans get. Breaking police lines, setting off firecrackers etc... but I can't blame them for being excited. They were really an unrully(sp?) crowd Robert Plant always had to keep the crowd in order.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Aug 29, 2006,
well, I cant judge by concerts because I have only seen Ted Nugent, Queen, and Grand Funk, but on message boards I think Pink Floyd...
led zeppelin - but there are two types of fans.

there are the fans who have bene long-time fans since the 70s and ****..

and then theres the 12-13 year old kids who heard stairway to heaven or black dog and immediately buy some led zepplein 1979 shirt from hot topic and well we all know why we hate led zeppelin fans.
^^then how do you explain people like me?

EDIT: and it's the 1977 Zeppelin shirt that everyone has including me
Quote by Thefallofman
Last edited by BrainDamage at Aug 29, 2006,
Or me^^?

And you were born in 89' since when were you a fan since the 70's?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Rolling Stones fans

Because alot of them in denial of how past their prime they are (the argument over this has been done so many times so for all those who disagree please ignore this statement). Also a large majority of the fans barely listen to their music, like Led Zeppelin, but even more so because the Rolling stones are still touring and are attracting even more of these "so-called fans."

Stll though I rank the KISS Army as the most annoying fan-base

I wonder if anyone would insult my buddies the Deadheads?
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
^^nothing wrong with Deadheads in my book
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by telex289

and then theres the 12-13 year old kids who heard stairway to heaven or black dog and immediately buy some led zepplein 1979 shirt from hot topic and well we all know why we hate led zeppelin fans.

what about people that werent around for zeppelin but arent the type of fans that hear one song and buy a shirt
AC/DC, Kiss, Led Zeppelin (I admit it), Guns n Roses.

Heres a (usually) great way to judge if a band has bad fans: if the band has long hair.

(And sort of off topic All metal fans.
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
there are a lot of 'poser' pink floyd fans out there. same with led zeppelin fans.

however i like both bands very much, and there are some serious fans but they get over taken by the people who aren't real fans.
***MEMBER OF THE WHO FAN CLUB***

*Founder of Teenage Wasteland Club*(working to inform the un-informed)

**Member #2 of the Windmillers Club**

**Alter Boy of Zeppelinism**

*9/08 THE WHO*
On a seperate note, I think the best fans are Clapton fans that like his whole carrer like me. There mellow enough to listen to a song like Promises and not start screaming "Turn this gay **** off!", yet can still rock out during stuff like Cocaine or Mainline Florida...
Led Zeppelin has the worst fans for sure. They actually agrue that they didn't steal songs from Willie Dixon, Jake Holmes, Howlin' Wolf etc. Idiots.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
AC/DC and Led Zeppelin (though two of my favorite bands) honestly have the worst fans. Ever.

AC/DC fans (not all, just the obsessive types) tend to have god-awful spelling and grammar, are extremely immature, and will openly issue a death threat at any person who refuses to constantly praise Angus Young and express a wish to fellate him (keep in mind, I'm exaggerating here).

Led Zeppelin fans (again, not all, just the obsessive types) tend to have slightly better spelling/grammar, are even more immature, are most likely clinically insane, and vehemently deny the FACT that Zeppelin stole music from other artists (something which a sane fan like myself can admit to). They too may issue death threats if one refuses to build their own religion around Jimmy Page (I'm still exaggerating, but I'm pretty sure that last one might be true...).

Honestly, both of these groups seriously deserve hatchet wounds in their faces. And then there's the KISS Army...don't even fucking get me started on those crazy bastards...
"Let there be light...sound...drums...guitar...LET THERE BE ROCK!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
Last edited by Ziggy193 at Aug 30, 2006,
Quote by Ziggy193
AC/DC and Led Zeppelin (though two of my favorite bands) honestly have the worst fans. Ever.

AC/DC fans (not all, just the obsessive types) tend to have god-awful spelling and grammar, are extremely immature, and will openly issue a death threat at any person who refuses to constantly praise Angus Young and express a wish to fellate him (keep in mind, I'm exaggerating here).

Led Zeppelin fans (again, not all, just the obsessive types) tend to have slightly better spelling/grammar, are even more immature, and vehemently deny the FACT that Zeppelin stole music from other artists (something which a sane fan like myself can admit to). They too may issue death threats if one refuses to build their own religion around Jimmy Page (I'm still exaggerating, but I'm pretty sure that last one might be true...).

Honestly, both of these groups seriously deserve a hatchet wound in their face. And then there's the KISS Army...don't even fucking get me started on those crazy bastards...

Yep.......add the obssesive "Hendrix was god at guitar and no one will ever ever never ever be better than him" fandom religion people to that and you pretty much summed up my thoughts on the subject
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Led Zeppelin, I'm sick of Page or Bonham or Plant fan boys.

If you want additional help on tabs, guitar lessons, forums, getting drugs, or just a personal issue, DeSean is willing to help.

Voting for DeSean is a vote for yourself, together we can all win.
Quote by telex289

What's wrong with that? If that's how people get into Led Zeppelin, then that should really have no effect on you. They are both awesome ****ing songs in and of themselves, it's just how much they're overplayed that gives them away.

I think every band has a "worst fans" group. It could be the most unpopular band of all time, but if someone really likes them and flaunts them, then they will defend the hell out of the band.

But the most obvious would have to go to AC/DC. Prepubescent teens have hormones, when hormones listen to AC/DC they will never let go and they will worship the damn band, causing a chain reaction of whining and mood swings when you disagree with them.
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
Classic rock fans in general are cunts. The end.

you are a terrible person
I see what people mean about CR listeners being elitist, you can't even live without being elitist against yourselves.

Seriously, every band has ever type of fan, get over it.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
i disagree with whoever said there are two types of zeppelin fans. i wasnt alive in the 70s so i cant really help that. i acually listen to there music. i dont really like stairway to heaven anyways. i just want to punch the people who say they love them when they know maybe three songs. jsut like when a kid at my school wore a pink floyd shirt to school and i asked him his favorite song and he couldnt even name a song although there are zeppelin fans who fit your all's description, you all are being a little stereotypical

then theres KISS army. they're annoying

and whats wrong with deadheads. they were peaceful fans
Quote by jim morrison714
i disagree with whoever said there are two types of zeppelin fans. i wasnt alive in the 70s so i cant really help that. i acually listen to there music. i dont really like stairway to heaven anyways. i just want to punch the people who say they love them when they know maybe three songs. jsut like when a kid at my school wore a pink floyd shirt to school and i asked him his favorite song and he couldnt even name a song although there are zeppelin fans who fit your all's description, you all are being a little stereotypical

then theres KISS army. they're annoying

and whats wrong with deadheads. they were peaceful fans

No one said anything about the Deadheads, I just said I hope no one takes a cheapshot at them cause I think they are the best fans ever(obviouysly this is an opinion).

Also no one's saying that each band doesnt have their fair share of these poser fans, it's just that with the airtime Led Zeppelin,Rolling Stones, and AC/DC get there are more cases of poser fans within their fanbases
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by Kadaj
I see what people mean about CR listeners being elitist, you can't even live without being elitist against yourselves.

Seriously, every band has ever type of fan, get over it.

Congratulations, Sherlock, for pointing out the obvious.

The point was which ones everyone thought stuck out and were more obvious than others. By comparison, certain elitist fans are worse than others. That's what the objective here was.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Whats wrrong with Zep fans?

KISS for sure. You stinky poo.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
Page 1 of 4