I have an Ibanez RG-Series guitar. (Dont remember the exact model) but its only about a $300-$400 guitar with dual humbuckers (V7 and V8) and a single.

My question is... I love to play metal (from metallica to slayer and so on) would I get a better sound from say a ESP LTD with EMG 81/85's in it? I have a real good amp with alot of models and effects but dont know if i missing out on a better sound with a different guitar.

I always have heard that the emg pickups are amazing for metal but would I really notice much of a difference?
Yes, ESP LTD would be great for that type of music
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Do you not like your RG? You could just upgrade your pick-ups.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
uprgrade the pickups on yours to emg's. a mid model rg is gonna be just as good as almost any ltd.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Well to answer one person's question, I have a Spider II 212 amp which is not everyones favorite but i have been only playing a short time and do not gig with it so its great for me..

Ok well I guess my next question would be then how much of a pain is it to replace both pickups to EMGS? And should i get the 81/85 combo? WOuld that be best for my taste in music and tones?
How do you know its your pickups not your amp?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
While a new axe is always good, It's not going to make anywhere near as much difference in terms of getting the tones you want as a new amp would.

ESP/LTD is a great option if you're after a guitar for metal, though.