Page 1 of 2
im getting a gibson sg special and there like $700 but a gibson sg standard is like $1200 or so and i was wondering if the onlyt diference between the 2 were the standard having humbuckers so if anyone could trell me it would be cool
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
The standard is a lot better instrument than the special. Better quality and sound. Get the standard or save up till you can afford it.
They both have humbuckers. The specials humbuckers dont have covers though
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
the special, like most of Gibson's low-end guitars, arent worth a thing. save up for the Standard if you havent already got the cash
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I have the special. It is a good guitar. It is great for customizing if that is what you are gonna do. If not, then, the Standard is better.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Most importantly, the special doesn't have binding on the neck. The standard does and so it plays much MUCH smoother. Go try the 2 out side by side and you'll immediately see what I'm talking about. I have a standard and as long as it stays in good shape I will likely have it for the rest of my life. I think the extra cash for a standard over a special is worth the extra couple of decades you'll get out of the instrument as long as you take good care of it.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
the special, like most of Gibson's low-end guitars, arent worth a thing. save up for the Standard if you havent already got the cash

I have to disagree I have a Gibson SG faded special it's one of the cheapest Gibsons out there but it's still a pretty good guitar although there are better in the price range and of course better gibsons it's still not a bad choice

it has pretty good versatility and in my case is a solid built guitar with no production flaws good playability and the tuners kick more ass than you could imagine

But anyway of course the standard is better but the special isn't a bad guitar at all
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
.....First of all, DO A SEARCH.

This is probably the tenth topic on this SAME EXACT SUBJECT that I've answered.

The SG Special is garbage. Poorly constructed from all of Gibson's scrap wood chunks and crap hardware. It feels cheap, because it IS. It's a beginner's guitar with an expensive name printed on the headstock and it's aimed at all the n00bs who "want a real Gibson." Yes, it's a real Gibson, but that doesn't stop it from being a complete piece of sh*t.

The SG Standard is a MUCH, MUCH better instrument, and is one of the few Gibsons I actually consider to be worth it's price. I highly recommend that you skip the SG Special and go for the Standard SG. The Standard will actually be a good instrument, while the Special is only suitable for firewood.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99

The SG Special is garbage. Poorly constructed from all of Gibson's scrap wood chunks and crap hardware. It feels cheap, because it IS. It's a beginner's guitar with an expensive name printed on the headstock and it's aimed at all the n00bs who "want a real Gibson." Yes, it's a real Gibson, but that doesn't stop it from being a complete piece of sh*t.

The SG Standard is a MUCH, MUCH better instrument, and is one of the few Gibsons I actually consider to be worth it's price. I highly recommend that you skip the SG Special and go for the Standard SG. The Standard will actually be a good instrument, while the Special is only suitable for firewood.

i just bought one

which is why i am seriously considering selling it.

to get money for a nice strat

higher end fender > low end gibson
or so im told
CTHC
Last edited by BreakingTheGirl at Aug 29, 2006,
Quote by Xenn99

Before you go around bashing guitars, why don't you do some f*cking research for once you pretentious c*ck. It's not firewood. Same wood, hardware, neck pickup, and construction of the standard. The thing that makes it cheaper is the cheaper finish, bridge pickup, no binding or other cosmetics. So there you go, a cheaper, no frills alternative to the standard. Take your elitist, biased, retarded opinions elsewhere.
Quote by mikeman
Before you go around bashing guitars, why don't you do some f*cking research for once you pretentious c*ck. It's not firewood. Same wood, hardware, neck pickup, and construction of the standard. The thing that makes it cheaper is the cheaper finish, bridge pickup, no binding or other cosmetics. So there you go, a cheaper, no frills alternative to the standard. Take your elitist, biased, retarded opinions elsewhere.

Binding isn't a cosmetic. It creates a different feel.

EDIT: Neither is the bridge pickup.
Quote by Xenn99

What is wrong with you? It's hardly garbage. Just because it is not as great as other Gibson guitars doesn't suddenly mean it isn't worth the match you brun it with. Complete piece of sh*t? It still beats plenty of epiphone and other knock offs out there. It's not a whole lot better than a G-400, but those are pretty good guitars.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Every single SG special ive ever tried has been a complete POS. This may not be true for all Specials, but the ones I played wouldn't stay in tune long enough to get through a single song. The necks were slow and didn't flow like the neck on an SG standard does. The binding on the neck is hardly cosmetic, it creates a different feel and makes the neck play significantly smoother; you can easily tell the difference if you play them side by side. Also, the pickup in the bridge is obviously not cosmetic. The bridge pickup in an SG special isn't nearly as hot as the one in the Standard. Although the finish somewhat a cosmetic feature, it is of better quality, meaning it will not only make the guitar look nicer, but will preserve it so it remains a quality instrument that will last a lifetime.

Most importantly, like E Daws said, there are much better guitars available in that price range.

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by mikeman

First of all, I won't resort to infantile name calling to try to get a point across.

Now, by your standards, any guitar made of "mahogany" should be just as good as a Gibson SG Standard. So, by your theory, I could take an Epiphone G-400 and replace the hardware and pickups with those from a Gibson SG Standard and they would be equal, correct? What about one of those $150 "Vintage" guitars that are modeled after SG's? If I would get a mahogany one of those and replace everything with the same stuff that's in a Gibson SG Standard they would be identical in sound? They may look different, but wouldn't either of those be "a cheaper, no frills alternative to the standard?"

The Gibson SG Special IS made from lower quality materials. The body is made from 3+ pieces, the hardware is cheap and the pickups are lackluster. It FEELS like a cheap beginner guitar. That's what it is. It's aimed at rich little brats who's mommy and daddy are paying the bill. Little "wanna-be" guitarists who want the same guitar as whatever emo band is currently "in."

I'm no elitist. In fact, I despise elitists. I play a $150 Washburn guitar through a Marshall MG. It's far from the perfect rig. However, I HAVE tried these guitars because I was considering buying one. They ARE garbage. Maybe "firewood" is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is NOT a quality instrument. It's in my top 3 worst guitars I've ever played. The first two being those cheap "Baldwin by Gibson" LP's and SG's, and the third being this Gibson SG Special.

I am simply expressing my personal experience with these guitars and help fellow musician's not make a mistake and end up hating their brand new $700 guitar. The only thing you've said is whatever Gibson claims about their guitar. And, if you believe whatever you hear from a company out to make money, I seriously pity you.

Also, to the poster who asked about the SG Classic, it seems to be of a lot better quality to me than the SG Specials. The pickups sound like they're quality, it's built well, and I believe the one I tried was only a two-piece body. Which is I think what the SG Standards use. It felt like a much more quality instrument to me. Definetly WAY out of the category of the SG Special.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Chill dude, if he doesn't like it, he could just change his mind and get a Viper with Duncans (which is WAY better IMO)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Also, Aznrockerdude, Mikeman has done this on more than one occasion. He pops in, calls me a few names and lists off some stuff to try to convince someone that these garbage guitars are just as good as regular Gibsons. I understand that people have different opinions, but when someone is just trying to convince someone that a guitar is good because of the "respected" name, there is something wrong there.

I don't know what his agenda is with this, and frankly, I don't care. I'm stating my opinion - that doesn't give him the right to hound me because it's a different opinion that goes against the "respected" Gibson name that he feels so strongly about.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
First of all, I won't resort to infantile name calling to try to get a point across.

I'm glad you finally grew some balls. That sure wasn't the case in the other threads.

Now, by your standards, any guitar made of "mahogany" should be just as good as a Gibson SG Standard.

Interesting how you made that assumption. I was merely remarking on the fact that the Standard and Faded are made out of the same species of wood. Whether or not one is "cheaper" than the other, I will believe it when I see some hard evidence from a respectable resource.

So, by your theory, I could take an Epiphone G-400 and replace the hardware and pickups with those from a Gibson SG Standard and they would be equal, correct? What about one of those $150 "Vintage" guitars that are modeled after SG's? If I would get a mahogany one of those and replace everything with the same stuff that's in a Gibson SG Standard they would be identical in sound? They may look different, but wouldn't either of those be "a cheaper, no frills alternative to the standard?"

That would have more to do with craftsman ship and wood quality. I don't see what you're getting at.

The Gibson SG Special IS made from lower quality materials. The body is made from 3+ pieces, the hardware is cheap and the pickups are lackluster. It FEELS like a cheap beginner guitar. That's what it is. It's aimed at rich little brats who's mommy and daddy are paying the bill. Little "wanna-be" guitarists who want the same guitar as whatever emo band is currently "in."

That seems like alot of speculation.

I'm no elitist. In fact, I despise elitists. I play a $150 Washburn guitar through a Marshall MG. It's far from the perfect rig. However, I HAVE tried these guitars because I was considering buying one. They ARE garbage. Maybe "firewood" is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is NOT a quality instrument. It's in my top 3 worst guitars I've ever played. The first two being those cheap "Baldwin by Gibson" LP's and SG's, and the third being this Gibson SG Special.

Oh, so calling it "garbage" is more appropriate than calling it "firewood?" What happend to your "maturity"?

I am simply expressing my personal experience with these guitars and help fellow musician's not make a mistake and end up hating their brand new $700 guitar. The only thing you've said is whatever Gibson claims about their guitar. And, if you believe whatever you hear from a company out to make money, I seriously pity you.

There are much better ways to express your personal experience than calling something a piece of sh*t, firewood, or garbage. I too, have played this guitar, along with numerous LP supremes, explorers, and 335s, and this guitar is comparable. You aren't the only one with experiene FYI.

Quote by Xenn99
Also, Aznrockerdude, Mikeman has done this on more than one occasion. He pops in, calls me a few names and lists off some stuff to try to convince someone that these garbage guitars are just as good as regular Gibsons. I understand that people have different opinions, but when someone is just trying to convince someone that a guitar is good because of the "respected" name, there is something wrong there.

Hey, guess what. They ARE regular Gibsons. I thought we already went over this. I go by the facts. You obviously go by speculation and "feel".

I don't know what his agenda is with this, and frankly, I don't care. I'm stating my opinion - that doesn't give him the right to hound me because it's a different opinion that goes against the "respected" Gibson name that he feels so strongly about.

Opinions can be misleading, especially in the buisness of guitar buying. Go by the facts for once.

Opinions are like as*holes, everyones got one, and they all smell like sh*t.
Last edited by mikeman at Aug 29, 2006,
This all depends on what you wanna do.

If you wanna take this, switch the pickups, tuners, and saddle, then it is a great guitar. I own one and I am not dissappointed at all.

If you are wanting something just to play with as is with out any customizing, go with the Standard.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
I think Xenn99 is right when it comes to the materials but not the feel of the guitar

as stated earlier I own a SG faded special and I'm pretty pleased with it. Is the standard better hell yes it is! Is it more expensive, once again HELL YES

and to say it's aimed at rich little brats who just want to be like whatever emo band is in? that's ****ing stupid yeah it is cheaper maybe it's for some one on more of a budget? I used money that I've saved up since i was a kid on that ****ing guitar and I can't say I regret it I'm not some little spoiled rich kid I'm not a new guitar player I'm not the best or deprived by anymeans and the guitar can handle a hell of a lot more than emo

it's a really diverse guitar it's no standard but it's a hell of a lot cheaper just play them side by side and see what you like and what is in your means but really I must advise there are other guitars in the price range an SG might not be the best guitar for you
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
yeah, threadstarter just don't listen to this forum.
there's a bunch of people here all with different opinions, different experiences etc.

I still love my SG special faded (yeah it's even cheaper than a special) and maybe I got lucky and got a good one, but on my guitar everything looks great quality, the guitar resonates amazingly (which means : good wood) and yes, the bridge pickup could be hotter, but these days people almost think "hot" equals "good" in terms of pickups.
That would have more to do with craftsman ship and wood quality. I don't see what you're getting at.

What he's getting at is that the SG Special is poorly constructed, i.e the 3 piece body.

There are much better ways to express your personal experience than calling something a piece of sh*t, firewood, or garbage. I too, have played this guitar, along with numerous LP supremes, explorers, and 335s, and this guitar is comparable. You aren't the only one with experiene FYI.

I would be impressed if you could show me an SG special that was comparable to a les paul supreme. Get real dude, you can't compare a $700 guitar with a $3000+ guitar.

Hey, guess what. They ARE regular Gibsons. I thought we already went over this. I go by the facts. You obviously go by speculation and "feel".

Sure it says Gibson on the headstock, but that doesn't automatically mean it's an awesome guitar. The SG Special is one of Gibson's low-end models. The "fact" that you're going by (that it's a Gibson) doesn't mean anything. The so-called "speculation and feel" that Xenn is going by, i.e body construction, playability, etc. is what truly defines the quality of a guitar. Basing all your opinions on what you read on the Gibson website isn't "going by the facts," it's you giving in to Gibson's way of getting people to think their lower end guitars are just as good as their higher end ones, when in reality, they are not.

Also, IMO, there is no point in getting a Special and trying to upgrade it to sound like the standard. Look at it like this:

SG Special: $700
Pickup: $90
Saddles: $20
Tuners: $50-$60

That brings you to $860-70, and you still will have the slow neck and the poor body construction. For $300 more, you will have a quality instrument that will sound, play, feel, and keep its value significantly better than the SG Special.

Quote by richwatkinson
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
What he's getting at is that the SG Special is poorly constructed, i.e the 3 piece body.

I would be impressed if you could show me an SG special that was comparable to a les paul supreme. Get real dude, you can't compare a $700 guitar with a $3000+ guitar.

Things that an electric guitar have to do: Stay tuned, have a straight neck so that
the action and intonation can be set properly, and send a signal from the pickups out
the jack. That's about it. And, 99.99% of guitars do that pretty well. Beyond
that it's all opinion, preference, hype, materials and heresay.

I've never played an SG Special. Probably it's an OK guitar. Probably there's
better and worse. I have played an LP Supreme and an SG Supreme. Very very
underwhelming guitars. They sure look pretty though. I CAN compare them to
my $200 Ibanez and my Ibanez compares quite well actually -- it holds a tune,
has a comfortable neck with nice feel, good action, the pickups sound good to
me when I adjust my settings. So what do you really get for the extra $2800 for
an LP Supreme? I suppose materials are better. Tone? Well we could argue
that all day long. Playability and feel? Same thing -- I found those guitars to
be no more playable or comfortable than my Ibanez.

In my opinion (<---opinion! only mine), most of the guitars that roll out of the Gibson
factory are not particular standouts in most repects. I have 3 Gibsons. There can
be some spectacular ones. But when I go into a shop and compare them with
the Gibsons that are hanging on the wall, I'm always very disappointed. Most of
what keeps Gibson going at the high end is the name because you can find guitars
at least as good for much less. So in general I believe if you go with Gibson you
are best off sticking to the low-middlish end. Best value. High end Gibsons
particularly in the LP & SG lines don't really reflect play and feel vs cost.

Anyway, to you guys with the SG Specials, if you like the way they play, feel, sound
and look, that's all that really matters -- your opinion. Your playing is really what
does the talking anyway....
You do make a good point about high end Gibsons, but I partially disagree when you say to stick to the low-middleish end. I wouldn't advise anyone to get a low-end Gibson, however I think the overall best bang for your buck comes out of the mid-range series (LP Standard, LP Classic, SG Standard, Explorer, etc.). When you get into the higher range, a lot of the cost, I will admit, is cosmetic (inlays, gold hardware, etc.), so unless you have a lot of $$$ laying around and you're looking for an instrument to keep as a collector's item or something, you probably don't need it. However, when you get into the lower-end Gibsons, the decrease in cost is because of a lack of quality, not because of a lack of cosmetics. For example, on the SG Special, the decreased cost is from a lack of a neck binding (which is NOT cosmetic), a thinner bridge pickup, cheaper saddles and tuners, and a poorly constructed body. I mean someone may play an SG Special and like the feel or whatever at first, but I can almost guarantee if they played an SG Standard, they could immediately tell the difference.

Quote by richwatkinson
The SG classic looks like it would be a lot better than the Special (it has P-90s, neck binding, etc.). not sure about the body construction, but I still would say it looks better than the Special. Its only a couple hundred $$ less than the Standard, so f it were me, I would just get the Standard, but I've never tried the Classic so I don't know if it's comparable or not.

Quote by richwatkinson
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Aug 30, 2006,
Quote by Owen56
Anyone

The SG Classic is a MUCH better quality instrument. I'd say it's pretty close to an SG Standard in terms of quality and feel. The one I played had the same two-piece center-joined body that the SG Standards have, it had a quality feel to it and sounded really good. I'd say if you want a P-90 equipped SG, it's a good pick for it.

Mikeman, I'm done arguing with you. I'm just wasting my time to get the same idiotic replies from you. If you're to blinded by the Gibson name on the headstock to realise that it isn't a quality instrument, fine. Enjoy your delusion - I just don't care anymore.

ScreaminBlues, thanks for backing me up. I'm glad to see that there are other people on this board who aren't obsessed with the name on the headstock.

And with that, I'm done with this thread.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99

ScreaminBlues, thanks for backing me up. I'm glad to see that there are other people on this board who aren't obsessed with the name on the headstock.

Actually, if you recall some of our early Epi vs. Gibson arguments, I was.. but since then I have seen the light...

Quote by richwatkinson
Quote by ScreaminBlues25

That's just meaningless. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You sure as hell damn well can. From a playability standpoint, they are easily comparable.

Sure it says Gibson on the headstock, but that doesn't automatically mean it's an awesome guitar. The SG Special is one of Gibson's low-end models. The "fact" that you're going by (that it's a Gibson) doesn't mean anything. The so-called "speculation and feel" that Xenn is going by, i.e body construction, playability, etc. is what truly defines the quality of a guitar. Basing all your opinions on what you read on the Gibson website isn't "going by the facts," it's you giving in to Gibson's way of getting people to think their lower end guitars are just as good as their higher end ones, when in reality, they are not.

So what is it that defines a quality guitar? Whatever he or she says about it? Testimonials are in no way accurate for defining a quality guitar. It says nowhere that Gibsons lowest end guitar is just as good as their highest end. Make a valid point or quit.

Also, IMO, there is no point in getting a Special and trying to upgrade it to sound like the standard. Look at it like this:

SG Special: $700
Pickup: $90
Saddles: $20
Tuners: $50-$60

That brings you to $860-70, and you still will have the slow neck and the poor body construction. For $300 more, you will have a quality instrument that will sound, play, feel, and keep its value significantly better than the SG Special.

Wow. You are just as good as that xenn guy at giving opinions and not backing them up with any signicant proof whatsoever other than the opinions themselves.

The nut width and the neck profile are the same, according to Gibson. Prove otherwise before you go around saying something has a slow neck.

Thank you edg, your post was very enlightening.

I'm sorry threadstarter that your simple query got raped by anonomous people, insecure with their age and location, jabbing their useless opinions in their computer trying to convince half the world that know things they haven't a clue of.
^So I'm "on notice" now? What the f*ck does that mean? That I'm on "thin ice" with you or something? That I'm someone you're going to keep an eye out for to try to argue with?

Get a life mikeman. You obviously feel some kind of need to irritate people - If you didn't, you wouldn't have added something like that to your signature. If you really need to empower yourself by trying to make others look bad on AN INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD I truly pity you.

Also, just a little "notice" for you, take it out of your sig immediately or I'll report your for harassment. Got it?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ Stop trolling Xenn.

I might suggest that if you do get an SG special faded that you keep in mind that a pickup change could help. So if you like the feel and do not think it sounds quite as good as the standard, just remember for a $100 a little later down the road you can grab a nice pickup for either the bridge or the neck.
Quote by RHCP94
^The only one trolling is mikeman. He's attempting to irritate me by doing something stupid like this because my opinion is different than his.

And honestly, I don't feel like getting into it with you as well, so I'll just ask that you kindly stay out of it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
He pops in, calls me a few names and lists off some stuff to try to convince someone that these garbage guitars are just as good as regular Gibsons.

Hypocrit.
Quote by RHCP94
^Correct spelling: "Hypocrite"

And no, I'm not one. He trys to beat down my opinion and attempts to discredit me. He could simply agree to disagree with me as JorisBlack has. I respect Jorus' opinion because he respects mine. Therefore, we agree to disagree. Mikeman, however, feels the need to put me down to try to build up his opinion. That's what I have a problem with. I really don't mind if he has an opinion different from mine as long as he doesn't attack me to try to boost himself up.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
+1 for Xenn for feedback on this thread

-1 for mikeman, because it looks like you known ****all whatsoever about guitar specs

mikeman, the ammount of pieces for the body affects the sustain/tone. Less pieces = better sustain ect.

and the nut width is NOT the same as neck profile. Neck profile is neck thickness - rounded, slim taper, ect.

And to the other guy...
Yes SG Classic is good for just about anything. I have a friend that uses one for metal/what HE calls shred... (dont ask) basically hi-gain metal and it sounds pretty good imo cuz the P90s have alot of treble.
Work well for all kinds of stuff - blues/rock/whatnot
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Please, nobody came here to play the spelling and grammar game.
Quote by Xenn99
Also, to the poster who asked about the SG Classic, it seems to be of a lot better quality to me than the SG Specials. The pickups sound like they're quality, it's built well, and I believe the one I tried was only a two-piece body. Which is I think what the SG Standards use. It felt like a much more quality instrument to me. Definetly WAY out of the category of the SG Special.

That is definitely not spelt right. Not to mention your misuse of ellipses in your first post. It's three .'s not five. But like I said. None of this sort of sht matters.

And yes, you are a hypocrit (that's done on purpose, stickler). You accuse mikeman, who presents many facts in his posts after the first (though I will not say which parts nor that I agree with the entire content of any of his posts, so please do not use anything he has said to try and bring me down), of "feels [feeling] the need to put me [you] down to try to build up his opinion". However, you then go on to say that he "lists off some stuff to try to convince someone that these garbage guitars are just as good as regular Gibsons", which is in fact you simply " attack[ing] me [him] to try to boost himself [yourself] up.

So please, when you come in here and declare that "This is probably the tenth topic on this SAME EXACT SUBJECT that I've answered." Decreeing that all should stop asking because Xenn has brought us the answer and then throw a hissy-fit after somebody disagrees. Just stop.
Quote by RHCP94
It's a Gibson, which makes it better the 86.3% of all guitars out there. and yes I did the math.
Boo f*cking hoo. I put you on notice, deal with it. And if you want to be put off notice, apologize. That's how it works on the Colbert Report, and that's how I do it. It seems like a fair deal to me, and I'm sure the mods around here would completely understand. Go ahead and condescend me all you want. I don't give a flying fuck if you pity me. It's the truth that matters. I'm not so insecure that I need an ego boost to feel good about myself. As Edaws put it, your trite opinions are completely meaningless as far as I'm concerned. And if other users want to team up and form their own little militia, have fun and good job being original. I thought you already left this thread? Haven't you already raped it enough? Don't you have better things to do? Maybe you should be the one getting a life. Hypocrite.

Thanks for pointing that out sendrith, but I never said anything about the neck profile being the same as the nut width. I didn't make any similarities between them, I was simply remarking on the fact that they are the same measurements on both guitars. +1 for trying.
Last edited by mikeman at Aug 31, 2006,
Page 1 of 2