What is the theory behind bar chords. Why do I fret the fifth fret when I play an Amajor bar chord? Thanks for helping me out. We werent all born guitar masters.
A Major is barred at the 5th fret simply becuase at standard tuning, the lowest A on the guitar is located at the 5th fret. Barre chords are simply open chords using your Index finger as the nut. If you notice, A major at the 5th fret has the same formation as open E major, but you're using you Index finger as the nut.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by BreakingTheGirl
dude, you made this exact thread not 10 minutes ago.

n00b lesson #1 dont double post!

that was about power chords....dou**e bag
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
President of the "You Can't Join My Club" Club...So don't PM me to join
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
That was black for "Ban me, ban me."
Why? Because its an A. There isnt much theory really, its just a case of "barring" the whole board with your index to fret more frets, if you see what I mean. The one finger fretting three notes rather than one allows you to use your other fingers to complete the chord. With more notes, it will sound fuller or brighter.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.