Hey guys.

I got my new Jackson Dinky like 2 months ago, and whenever I tune it to drop C (CGCFAD), my A and D strings always buzz because they hit the EMG pick-ups. How can I fix this?
Quote by Ascendancy5
Hey guys.

I got my new Jackson Dinky like 2 months ago, and whenever I tune it to drop C (CGCFAD), my A and D strings always buzz because they hit the EMG pick-ups. How can I fix this?

You have two options.

Easy option - lower your pickups using the two small screws on either side of the pickup on the pickup ring. EMGs have to be close to the strings... but not close enough that they hit each other.

Harder option - raise your action.

Also, be sure that your strings arent buzzing on your frets either... that is more likely to be the problem. The reduced tension on the strings due to your lower tuning will make the strings more likely to buzz on the frets. A little buzz is always okay though.
yeah which size strings are you using. id use 11s or bigger. on my guitar 10s seem to just make fart noises in drop c
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣