I play mostly modern rock with SOME metal(system of a down) and punk(blink-182). I use a Roland Cube 30 and would like to know what kind of distortion pedal I should look at.

Thanks.
cheap and 'good' the Boss DS-1...it's like the most basic distortion pedal but it may not have enough gain for you, the Big Muff Pi is very good, but I don't know how much that's worth, but I'd definetly go with the Marshall Jackhammer, I think it's like 80 bucks might be a bit out of budget but it really does smash your teeth in
Gear:

Ibanez SoundGear SR300DX Bass

Digitech BP200
System of a Down is metal??? Since when???
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
i dont ofter big up behringer, but for the price of around £15, you can pick up all sorts of different pedals that work really well. Certainly worth a shot.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I thought Roland Cubes had enough distortion?
And to MattIgoe0108: dont get the Line 6 Spyder before trying out a Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The boss metal zone is a pretty versatile pedal and I know where you can get one really cheap if your interested let me know. And to the people who suggested the ds-1, your right it is a good pedal but I dont think id suggest it to someone looking for a modern rock type sound and by modern rock im assuming you mean anywhere from nu-metal to nickelback so the ds-1 might not be heavy enough for what your looking for. But to the threadstarter I wouldnt suggest just one pedal for rock and blink stuff, your best bet would be to find a pedal that would suit each style the best unless you really wanna bend down and turn knobs everytime you wanna play a diff. song.
Dude, threadstarter, can't you just adjust the settings?
I'm pretty sure a Roland Cube 30 could manage those tones decently (at least better than most distortion pedals *cough* DS-1, MT-2 *cough*)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i have a ds-2 and it has the ds1 built in to one of the settings and the ds1 setting sucks...its all muddy and thick yuou cant even distinguish the notes
thanks god i only use the turbo setting...
get the ds-2, not the ds-1
its 130 though.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
i have a ds-2 and it has the ds1 built in to one of the settings and the ds1 setting sucks...its all muddy and thick yuou cant even distinguish the notes
thanks god i only use the turbo setting...
get the ds-2, not the ds-1
its 130 though.

On musiciansfriend its 80 bucks
Quote by MattIgoe0108
i dont ofter big up behringer, but for the price of around £15, you can pick up all sorts of different pedals that work really well. Certainly worth a shot.

I have a Behringer Ultra Metal distortion pedal and it works for just about anything. It works perfect for Green Day like stuff and for more hardcore stuff. It's $19.99 and worth every penny.
Threadstarter, I'm pretty sure you don't need to get a distortion pedal.

Obvious question: Have you tried turning the gain knob up?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^No...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^damn that thing looks flimsy. even if it had a good sound, id hesitate to reccomend it cause the switch looks impossible to press on the fly (its already almost flush with the case - wtf). maybe as a better future investment, and if you absolutely cant get your amp to sound right, you could try the danno fish n chips.