I am looking into a new wah, and i was considering the VOX pedals since i have played morleys and dunlops and they sound ok. i know that the tone is subjective to the person, but what are some opinions on these pedals. i like the clyde because of the ac adaptor, but i could wire one into the 847 for way less than 50$. is the tone of the clyde realy worth the extra 50, or are there better wahs in the 100$ price range that i should look at. thanx for the replies.
Dean Noir ML XT

Amps:
Randall rg50tc
Fender Frontman 15G

Effects:
BOSS DS-1
I love my Clyde McCoy, an amazing wah, and I got it a few quid more than the 847.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Im sorry to "steal" your thread or whatever but this may affect you too.
How is the Vox wah on distortion? For metal example?
ive heard multiple wahs with dostortion and they suond better in my opinion, the only thing that i am looking for in the wah i eventually purchace is, 1. it needs a wide sweep, and 2 id like it to actually bend and morph like a wah should. my old morley did that OK, and crybabys, at lteast the original ones, just make noise to me, so turning to vox i was wondering if this wahs possible. thanx to all for the replys. also, where could i get info on modding the vox 847, bcause i read the ultimate wah mod thread, and it didnt help me that much, the links to http://www.stompboxmods.com/ didnt work and i did NOT want to read through like 11 pages of comments to find something useful.

edit: i would jsut go to the store and try all the wahs out, but there arent really any decent stores close by, i live in RI, and all the wahs at guitar center have been DESTROYD, like, they fall apart if you touch them.
Dean Noir ML XT

Amps:
Randall rg50tc
Fender Frontman 15G

Effects:
BOSS DS-1
Last edited by proception at Aug 30, 2006,