In my local guitar store, there's a fender twin reverb head and fender 2x12 cab for £400. They are both from the 70's I tried the amp and loved the clean sound. However, is it possible to get a pedal that will give it some vintage grunt? Angus Young sort of tones, maybe some Gary Moore? If so, I'd consider trading in my current amp for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Are you sure it's a twin reverb head? I've never heard of one of those. If it is, something like a Tonebone hot british OD should get a nice marshally sound out of it.
Definitely a twin reverb. Thanks. How much will a tonebone set me back? Would it be worth looking at some maxon pedals?

Chhers

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

While a Maxon 808 is a nice OD, to make a twin sound like a dimed marshall is a bit beyond that pedal gain and tone-wise. What you need is a Marshall-in-a-box. The Tonebone is one of these, but it will run you about $250. A cheaper alternative with fewer knobs and gizmos but an awesome Marshall crunch sound is the HAO rust driver-$130 here: http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/hao.php
If you don't have that kind of money, a ProCo Rat ($90) will do.

I just realized that all those prices are in USD. Sorry.