what picks and strings do you guys use?

At the moment I'm using .009's with the blue Jim dunlop picks (1mm i think)

i was wondering if anyone else has a good combination of picks and strings
D'Addario .10 Nickel Plated - XXL110

Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
ernie ball 9's and fender heavys
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
daddario chromes 7 string
(.11, .15, .22, .30, .40, .50, .65)
tuned to drop G

dunlop nylon 1.0's

what kinda stuff do you play in drop G?
Quote by Last_Serenade
what kinda stuff do you play in drop G?

this is how a 7 string is set up:
e
b
g
d
a
e
b

notes - a,b,c,d,e,f,g,a,b,c,d,e,f,g
so G is just two steps down from B

if it were a 6 string he would play in drop C
in other words any type of nu-metal
D'addario 0.09's.

Dunlop 2mm Tortex's. Or Big Stubby's(also 2's) if I'm stuck.
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
Dean Markley 0.10s; Black Jazz IIIs.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
To be honest, i have no clue what the gauge of the strings mean. I just go into a shop and ask for light-gauge Elixirs, and that's what i get. Anyone care to elaborate on the whole guage thing? I mean obviously the larger the number the thicker the string, but does a thick string stand up to huge bends better? And what's the best thickness to bendability ratio?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
D'Addario 10s and red jazz III's
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
D'Addario 12s and Jazz IIIs.

Those 12s are bitches. (Tuned standard)
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by Ace88
To be honest, i have no clue what the gauge of the strings mean. I just go into a shop and ask for light-gauge Elixirs, and that's what i get. Anyone care to elaborate on the whole guage thing? I mean obviously the larger the number the thicker the string, but does a thick string stand up to huge bends better? And what's the best thickness to bendability ratio?

I'd say .10, because you get the fuller sound of a higher string guage, but it's just as easy, if not a little bit harder to bend than .09's which already sound thin in comparison...

I personally can't bend for **** with .09's, it's too easy, if that makes sense. I have no control over them. I have to have a little "struggle", if that makes sense... Again.

And yeah, I usually break strings on .09's
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
.10 d'addarios and .60 mm dunlops
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Resiliance
I'd say .10, because you get the fuller sound of a higher string guage, but it's just as easy, if not a little bit harder to bend than .09's which already sound thin in comparison...

I personally can't bend for **** with .09's, it's too easy, if that makes sense. I have no control over them. I have to have a little "struggle", if that makes sense... Again.

And yeah, I usually break strings on .09's

Me too.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

...and a .10 is what? The size of the high e string?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Ace88
...and a .10 is what? The size of the high e string?

Yes.

Diameter  	 	 Tension
Item# 	Note 		inches 	mm 		lbs 	kg
PL010 	E 		0.010 	0.25 		16.2 	7.35
PL013 	B 		0.013 	0.33 		15.4 	6.98
PL017 	G 		0.017 	0.43 		16.6 	7.53
NW026 	D 		0.026 	0.66 		18.4 	8.34
NW036 	A 		0.036 	0.91 		19.5 	8.84
NW046 	E 		0.046 	1.17 		17.5 	7.94

Click.
The only problem I have with 9s is the low-end, I don't get the same kind of kick ass low-end sound with 9s as I do with 10s.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Quote by Resiliance
D'Addario .10 Nickel Plated - XXL110

Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm

We use the exacty the same picks & strings!!
Quote by Cheesepuff
We use the exacty the same picks & strings!!

Great minds think alike.

Click.
^But fools seldom differ. Naw joking, anyway............ I use d'addario 10s and picks, well I dont really pay much attention to picks, all I know is usually from .8 to .9 ish. The ones with the turtles on them Or Jim Dunlop nylons or something.

Edit: Sorry to the guy above, that wasnt meant for you.
Quote by denizenz
D'Addario .9
and Jazz III picks

I'm thinking about going .10 though.

Also, I just got an acoustic and want to have it set-up/bridge filed what strings should I go with there?

I like fairly heavy strings for acoustic myself... 12's usually.

Click.
I prefer lighter strings on my acoustic for the simple reason that the action is stupidly high and it can be reallllllly hard to play when i have thicker strings on it. As for picks, i usually go with a medium-heavy pick. Better for shredding and such.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

.10 gauge strings and jazz III's pour moi.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Ernie Ball 9's & Dunlop 3mm
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I haven't changed my strings in ages(I know, I know. Shame on me) so I forget what they are....probably are D'Addario .9's.

As for picks, the best I can get a hold of in my area are Fender Mediums.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Fender Pure Nickel Wounds Original 150's and Dunlop Jazz Picks.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
me. i.
i have the best string/pick combo.
dunlop gator grips 2.0 guage, and ernie ball skinny top heavy bottoms size 10
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules