ok i have no guitar teacher i can solo on slow songs very well ad find it easy but i need to be able to solo over fast songs aswell and i need to have a solo to play over these chords:

e- -
b- -
g- -
d-2 -4 -7
a-2 -4 -7
E-0 -2 -5
x16 x5 x5

played not super fast just prob about 120 tempo i dont want someone to say here use this solo i want someone to say well you should use maybe these scales on this fret do licks then move higher to this fret a good lick would be this one... or sumthin just to help me PLEASE!!
E - F# - A
those are your chords so just look for the minor,since they are major "chords"

just count 6 steps forwards in the major scale (of each chord might i add) & there's your minor (remember to count your sharps & flats)

for E = c minor
for F# = d# minor
for A = f# minor

you can play the minor scales in one position if you want or you can change keys along with your progression...the importance is that you emphasise the root,3d,5th & 7th of each scale to give it that flavor
Last edited by DeathDealer at Aug 29, 2006,
Quote by DeathDealer
E - F# - A
those are your chords so just look for the minor,since they are mayor "chords"

just count 6 steps forwards in the mayor scale & there's your minor (remember to count your sharps & flats)

for E = c minor
for F# = D# minor
for A = f# minor

you can play the minor scales in one position if you want or you can change keys along with your progression...the importance is that you emphasise the root,3d,5th & 7th of each scale to give it that flavor

MAN THANKS!! thats helped loads thank you so much

does anyone have anything to add i think hes done it all and i think im in love but anyone else got anymore stuff?
[quote="DeathDealer

for E = c minor
for F# = d# minor
for A = f# minor
[/QUOTE"]

dont understand that bit is the c,d# and f# where i put the scales for each chord?
you should have asked this in the "Musicians Talk" forum

is the c,d# and f# where i put the scales for each chord?

yes,while you (or your friend ) are playing the 16 E chords...solo/improv under it with a c minor

it's a c minor,remember that...not a C major which has no sharps or flats

c major - C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
c minor - C-D-Eb-F-G-Ab-B-C

to get a minor from a major flat the third & sixth
Last edited by DeathDealer at Aug 29, 2006,
Quote by DeathDealer

yeah i was wondering if it would be suited there but there are alot of ppl there who would just go its a solo u do it urself its like if i knew how!! but yeah thanks man appreciated!!
Quote by DeathDealer

yes,while you (or your friend ) are playing the 16 E chords...solo/improv under it with a c minor

it's a c minor,remember that...not a C major which has no sharps or flats

c major - C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
c minor - C-D-Eb-F-G-Ab-B-C

Are you serious? Are you honestly suggesting soloing over an E major chord (the chord listed above is neither major nor minor but in fact an E5 which has no clear major/minor tonality) using a C minor scale? Did it occur to you that you're recommending a scale that doesn't even feature the tonic of the chord you're supposed to solo over? The correct relative minor of E major is C# minor. Stop confusing people.

II HaZzA II: ignore all the advice above, it will only lead you up a blind alley you do not want to enter. Basically you can think of the three chords you've listed as all belonging to the key of either E major, E minor or, possibly, A major. I would suggest that since the emphasis is on the E5 this is in the key of E major/minor so you can use either scale and it will sound OK. Start out just using E minor pentatonics and then try to throw in the odd E major pentatonic (same as C# minor pentatonic) lick here and there.
add some tonality to those root-5 chords...add a 3 and it might be a bit easier to determine the key, thus making it much more convenient for people to suggest a decent scale
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.