hey im looking for a shred guitar tuition dvd what would be the best one?since there are tons out there i dont know which one to pick amd im intermidiate hoping to go onto advance.
i'd check out rusty cooley guitar manifesto he teaches you some crazy stretches and **** good stuff for warming up and all that jazz has alot of sweep licks and runs
Well, what do you want? A DVD of some shredder showing off and giving you
the "secrets" -- which mostly amount to a bunch of excercises that aren't very
valuable. Or, something that will improve your foundation, skills and focus?
One of them will improve your playing, the other won't do much for you.

Anyway, you might want to give "Shred Guitar" a shot. It's a book/CD. It
actually has a lot of good stuff in it -- licks, theory and whatnot. But, getting up
to speed you're on your own -- as most of the "shred" teaching really comes down
to.

There's a great irony in being able to play really fast really well -- you get there
the fastest by playing really slow really well.
if you are looking to learn those techniques then i suggest troy stetina's speed mechanics for lead guitar, its a book thats comes with a cd in it and teaches you all these techniques and helps get ure speed up alot.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

you dont need a dvd for tapping...its easy.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Rock Discipline of Johh Petrucci. It teaches almost every advanced technique that you need to master in order to shred.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
you dont need a dvd for tapping...its easy.

Advanced tapping isn't easy. Using more than one finger and putting them into sweeps and stuff while having it sound clean still are pretty damn tricky at first.
Quote by El Cumanés
Rock Discipline of Johh Petrucci. It teaches almost every advanced technique that you need to master in order to shred.

+1

Alot of pros still use it for practice. Very watchable and in depth.
As well as Rock Discipline, I'd recommend the books Shred! by Pete Brown and Rich Maloof and Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar by Troy Stetina. The stuff in Troy Stetina's book is a bit dated, as it was written in the hair metal era, but it's still very useful. Shred! was released just a few months ago, and it teaches you more modern styles, as well as the traditional neoclassical or fusion styles.